The last movie you saw? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : The last movie you saw?

hifi-freak
05-21-2011, 06:41 PM
Which was the last movie you guys saw?
i watched Thor and fast five, both movies were good. But the fast 5 was more interesting.

Mr Peabody
05-21-2011, 08:08 PM
Are you talking about at the theater? Before coming here this evening I just finished watching Charlie St. Cloud on Cinemax. I was not familiar with it and I think sometimes it's better that way. The movie had some weak points but despite that I enjoyed it. Not the same type of movie as Fast & Furious. Mine was more of a drama with a ghostly twist.

Feanor
05-22-2011, 02:45 AM
Run, Lola, Run, Director: Tom Tykwer, a DVD rental from Zip.ca.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51BXKT7KJHL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

From our own collection, I last night I started to rewatch The Two Towers, Platinum Series Extented Edition, on DVD.

http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/ciu/27/31/d420810ae7a0dea7b123b110.L._AA300_.jpg

Worf101
05-23-2011, 05:40 AM
I was lliterally laughing so hard I fell to the floor of the theatre. I saw "The Bridesmaids" on Saturday night. I got a good laugh and lord did I need it after visitng a good friend in the cancer ward. I haven't laughed this hard in a long, long time.

Worf

bobsticks
05-23-2011, 05:55 AM
I watched The Mechanic last night on Blu-Ray. It was as unremarkable as it was soporific.

ForeverAutumn
05-23-2011, 06:09 AM
I was lliterally laughing so hard I fell to the floor of the theatre. I saw "The Bridesmaids" on Saturday night. I got a good laugh and lord did I need it after visitng a good friend in the cancer ward. I haven't laughed this hard in a long, long time.

Worf

Sorry to hear about your friend Worf. I hope he/she pulls through and is given a clean bill of health real soon.

I saw Bridesmaids last night. I think it's the funniest thing I've seen since The 40-year-old Virgin. I was laughing so hard that I was crying. I don't think that I had any mascara left by the time it was over. Freakin' hilarous. I would see it again. In fact, I'll be buying the Blu-ray. I hope that the the BR has out-takes!

Despite what many may think, this is not a chick flick. I went with three other women and one husband (not mine). The husband enjoyed it as much as we did. Funny is funny. :LOL:

ForeverAutumn
05-23-2011, 06:12 AM
I watched The Mechanic last night on Blu-Ray. It was as unremarkable as it was soporific.

I loved the original of this movie. I was a real Charles Bronson fan at one time and, of course, Jan-Michael Vincent was always great eye-candy. But the remake held no interest for me. I haven't seen it and none of the reviews that I've read make me want to.

Hyfi
05-23-2011, 06:14 AM
I watched Limitless last night. Pretty cool movie. I sure wish I could get my hands on some of that!

Also watched Born on the 4th of July over the weekend for the 4th or 5th time. This is my favorite TC movie.

Worf101
05-23-2011, 06:25 AM
Sorry to hear about your friend Worf. I hope he/she pulls through and is given a clean bill of health real soon.

I saw Bridesmaids last night. I think it's the funniest thing I've seen since The 40-year-old Virgin. I was laughing so hard that I was crying. I don't think that I had any mascara left by the time it was over. Freakin' hilarous. I would see it again. In fact, I'll be buying the Blu-ray. I hope that the the BR has out-takes!

Despite what many may think, this is not a chick flick. I went with three other women and one husband (not mine). The husband enjoyed it as much as we did. Funny is funny. :LOL:

I appreciate the sentiment as always. I may PM you about it later but I'm really glad you liked the movie too. I thought I was gonna die laughing. I really felt that way about it.

Worf

Mr Peabody
05-23-2011, 08:05 PM
Good to hear feedback on Bridesmaids, a reviewer really panned it. That should have been my first clue it was good. :)

Hyfi
05-24-2011, 03:07 AM
Good to hear feedback on Bridesmaids, a reviewer really panned it. That should have been my first clue it was good. :)

That is how I usually pick movies. If it gets bad mainstream reviews, I will probably like it.

Feanor
05-24-2011, 04:00 AM
That is how I usually pick movies. If it gets bad mainstream reviews, I will probably like it.
Funny thing about reviews. So much depends on the reviewer, that's why I like to check Metacritic (http://www.metacritic.com/movies) and get a the consensus. I compare Critic reviews with User reviews -- a divergence there usually indicates some issue. Sometimes I look at the individual critic's review too; some critics tend to always rate high or low in general, or to rate certain genres high or low.

dpastern
06-04-2011, 06:29 PM
Last film @ Cinemas that I saw was Suckerpunch.

on DVD (if anime counts) - Bleach collection 5. If it needs to be a movie, Harry Potter and the deathly hallows on DVD.

Dave

JohnMichael
06-04-2011, 07:23 PM
I do not get to the theater that often so I miss a lot of movies. I just watched Gran Torino. Wow what a powerful movie. I became a bit emotional and my poor dog hid in a corner. Such a good man not believing he was a good man yet he gave all for justice. Pass the tissues.

dakatabg
06-04-2011, 10:52 PM
I watched the Hangover II the day it came out!

Robert-The-Rambler
06-05-2011, 04:53 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4UwSYq3gs4&feature=feedlik

Simply a terrible movie that passes into the realm of so bad it is at least interesting to see such a bad attempt at showing the dangers of Dungeons and Dragons circa 1982. Near the end what is truly striking about the film is that you see up close the now gone Twin Towers in NYC. That is what kind of stuck with me watching this turkey of a film. Tom Hanks first starring role was in this made for TV movie and seeing him act like a crazy fool who believes he is some kind of Holy Man with magical powers is just plain ridiculous. The review I linked to pretty much says it all. If the movie was meant to bash D & D it did the opposite because the guy who loses his sense of reality was already nuts to begin with.