roc nation skullcandy (avaitor) [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : roc nation skullcandy (avaitor)

winston
05-20-2011, 10:10 AM
one don't hear much talk around these neck of the woods, about Skull candy products. but I have to tell y'all about this, a few weeks ago I was in (Best buy) and I saw this "drop dead overly gorgeously looking brown & gold object in the headphone area" I was taken over by a spell of "choose one (hypnosis/ hypnotic/hypnotize)

they have three styles but the brown & gold really stands out, (and they sound decent too) take a look at this.http://www.skullcandy.com/shop/aviator-brown-gold.html

hifi-freak
05-20-2011, 03:46 PM
Generally skullcandy makes nice looking headphones, are they worth the price? Any listening impressions?

winston
05-22-2011, 07:18 AM
Generally skullcandy makes nice looking headphones, are they worth the price? Any listening impressions?

yes they do makes beautiful cans, and indeed these three new offering are no exception... having said that, are they (worth) the price! I don't know maybe maybe not, "in this day and age" everything gets discounted quickly, and skullcandy sure fits that profile, so I wouldn't be in a hurry to buy if I want one.

as far as listening impressions goes, I spent all 25 to thirty minutes looking touching and listening, now remember that its in (best buy) these things are located in the mp3 section, so you know what the source was!! yes ipods,Archos,Zune stuff like that.

bottom line (to me they sounded neutral and offered good details, the lows weren't over emphasized either,the mid I'm not sure... they feel comfortable and irrespective of the size, they felt like a regular portable headphone on my head, even the (cable) I don't know how they do this but it looks something that could go through the (eye of a needle):smile5: the kids gonna have fun this candy.