Since the world is ending on May 21st... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Since the world is ending on May 21st...

Swish
05-19-2011, 03:45 PM
...what is the last song you want to hear before we are all blown to smithereens? For those of you with ADHD and always name multiple songs/records when asked to choose only one, and you know who you are, I mean ONLY ONE!

I was going to choose someone poppy and melodic, like a Beach Boys song, or maybe something from Leonard Cohen, but if I had to choose only one, it would probably be...drum roll please....

Lucky from Radio Head's Ok, Computer.

JohnMichael
05-19-2011, 03:51 PM
Free Man in Paris by Joni Mitchell.

Paris to me was like heaven.

noddin0ff
05-19-2011, 04:06 PM
Right now I'm thinking Seamus from Pink Floyd's Meddle. If the world is gonna end, I don't need more stress. Put this on and contemplate the value of everything you used to consider insignificant.

Rae
05-19-2011, 05:38 PM
Pete Seeger's version of "Guantanamera"? :smilewinkgrin:

~Rae

Hyfi
05-20-2011, 02:59 AM
...what is the last song you want to hear before we are all blown to smithereens? For those of you with ADHD and always name multiple songs/records when asked to choose only one, and you know who you are, I mean ONLY ONE!

I was going to choose someone poppy and melodic, like a Beach Boys song, or maybe something from Leonard Cohen, but if I had to choose only one, it would probably be...drum roll please....

Lucky from Radio Head's Ok, Computer.

Epitath from your Avatars's Album...I use that shot as desktop at work sometimes and hardly anyone has a clue what it is.

MasterCylinder
05-20-2011, 03:44 AM
Mozart's REQUIEM.....................what else ?

Luvin Da Blues
05-20-2011, 05:12 AM
Knocking on Heavens Door - R. Zimmerman

Feanor
05-20-2011, 05:17 AM
I will listen one more time to ...

Elliott Carter's Symphonia: Sum Fluxae Pretium Spei

http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/ciu/a3/c7/d36781b0c8a05906cef4b110.L.png

... just in case.

Mr MidFi
05-20-2011, 05:26 AM
Free Man in Paris by Joni Mitchell.

Paris to me was like heaven.

We'll have to compare notes on the City of Light someday. One of my favorite cities in the world, no doubt. (That song, btw, is about David Geffen. I think.)

For me, I don't think there's much question what song I'll be playing...

"It's the end of the world as we know it,
And I feel fiiiiiiiiiine... "

Stone
05-20-2011, 05:27 AM
Wait, WAIT! Let's be clear here. The rapture is tomorrow, and only the beginning of the end of the world (massive earthquakes and flooding, etc.). The world will end completely in October.

Having said that, I choose: Patsy Cline - "I Fall To Pieces"

Mr MidFi
05-20-2011, 07:07 AM
Wait, I want to change my answer to "We'll Meet Again" by Vera Lynn.

If it's good enough for Stanley Kubrick and Roger Waters, it's hunky-dory with me too.

ForeverAutumn
05-20-2011, 09:19 AM
Right now I'm thinking Seamus from Pink Floyd's Meddle. If the world is gonna end, I don't need more stress. Put this on and contemplate the value of everything you used to consider insignificant.

That's an awesome choice! I'm having a hard time coming up with anything better than that.

dean_martin
05-20-2011, 11:28 AM
Beethoven's Symphony No. 9.

Assuming I pass through the pearly gates, some of the most glorious music made by man will be fresh on my mind when I first hear what's playing up there.

PS
Somebody say Stairway to Heaven. Please. Somebody say Stairway to Heaven.

Feanor
05-20-2011, 11:50 AM
Wait, WAIT! Let's be clear here. The rapture is tomorrow, and only the beginning of the end of the world (massive earthquakes and flooding, etc.). The world will end completely in October.

Having said that, I choose: Patsy Cline - "I Fall To Pieces"
That's an important clarification. :wink5:

GMichael
05-20-2011, 12:00 PM
Comfortably Numb.:yesnod:

And while you're at it, I'd like to be the same. I haven't dabbled in anything of the sort for health reasons for way too long. If there is no tomorrow then let's get this party started. (and that is in no way a second choice!)

ForeverAutumn
05-20-2011, 12:17 PM
Stairway to heaven! Yeah!!!

(Why can't I post in all uppercase? First flaw with the new Vb :()

unleasHell
05-20-2011, 09:49 PM
REM: It's the End of the World as We Know It

What's with this crackpot saying the world is going to end tomorrow?

Doesn't he know that it is ending in 2012 like the Mayans predicted?

ForeverAutumn
05-21-2011, 04:42 AM
REM: It's the End of the World as We Know It

Here's an alternate version that you guys may not know. This cover was a huge hit in Canada for Newfoundland band Great Big Sea. They're an awesome live band if you ever get the chance to see them.

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/DYL7N9i3vTk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

GMichael
05-21-2011, 04:53 PM
Is it me, or does it seem like the world is still here?

bobsticks
05-21-2011, 04:57 PM
What?!?....Who said that?!?...it's dark in here...<echo>

GMichael
05-21-2011, 04:59 PM
Try the light switch.:skep:

JohnMichael
05-21-2011, 05:14 PM
Is it me, or does it seem like the world is still here?

Wow heaven looks just like my apartment. Oh and my dog is with me.

GMichael
05-21-2011, 05:34 PM
Wow heaven looks just like my apartment. Oh and my dog is with me.

My heaven is here and now as well.