please let this be the last... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : please let this be the last...

atomicAdam
05-16-2011, 10:44 AM
For a couple years at least.

Well - we moved - again - from Mt Baldy, which was awesome - back to Oakland. Move went very well. We actually landed in the same building we were in before we left. This time though with a better unit and a view. I moved all the Audio gear in 1st of course. Can't do anything in a home w/o music.

Here is a little photo. The room is actually good sized and the audio has been sounding pretty damn spectacular. I've mainly been running the TT -> Mystere -> Brodmann with WyWires speaker cables (nice!) and Granite Audio ICs. I've been a very happy camper.

Wifie is still down in the hell that is SoCal - finishing this semester's classes - she moves up on June 5th - which I can't wait for. I tried to go grocery shopping the other day - it was a distress. Only left with milk, eggs, bread, butter, beer. And this is from a guy who knows how to actually cook! I just don't know how to shop w/o my other half because we've been shopping together for almost 7 years. And well I was in Whole PayCheck - so that alone was loopy. Anyways - Picked up a nice comfy recliner as my listening chair for the moment. Need to get fancy stuff like a bed, bookshelfs, table, desk... you know... internet connection... ugh.

I have a great story that you vinyl fans will smack me for! I just need to get a photo and will post soon enough. And then you can banish me from the halls of vinyl.

http://gallery.audioreview.com/data/audio//500/medium/IMAG0553-sm.gif

ForeverAutumn
05-16-2011, 11:20 AM
I thought you loved your new place in the mountains. What happened?

atomicAdam
05-16-2011, 12:58 PM
I did. It was awesome. but...

recoveryone
05-17-2011, 06:24 AM
No wonder we have had back to back super wet winters down here......to many No Cal people...lol Glad you enjoyed your stay for the most part.