Forum upgrade tomorrow [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Forum upgrade tomorrow

ForeverAutumn
05-16-2011, 09:19 AM
Adam posted this on the Site Feedback Forum, but since I know that many of the RRers don't wander past this forum I thought that I would post here to warn you.

Hi All -

Looks like we'll be upgrading the forums this coming Tuesday. We already did a couple of our other forums and things went smoothly. There are some new features and we'll be able to use some newer vB plug ins.

If all goes as planned the forums will go down for a bit on Tuesday while we upgrade. I should have a time est. for you because we'll do a test run in our staging environment before we do the live forum.

Once the upgrade is complete it would be great if you have issues to post those issue in this thread. Though we aren't expecting anything. Things went very smoothly for the other forums, but they have less users and content than we do.

Oh also the forum will be hosted on a new server - so it should be much faster than before. Clean OS install, clean forum install - only thing from the old forum will be the database inserts.

peace out!

When he says to post any problems here, he means here (http://forums.audioreview.com/showthread.php?t=36589).

ForeverAutumn
05-16-2011, 10:30 AM
Make that Wednesday. The date was changed.

Slosh
05-16-2011, 12:40 PM
My inner circle decoder ring interprets forum upgrades as code for more advertising.

ForeverAutumn
05-16-2011, 02:05 PM
My inner circle decoder ring interprets forum upgrades as code for more advertising.

So cynical. :frown5:

Mr MidFi
05-16-2011, 02:09 PM
Are they bringing back the chick with the headphones?

Davey
05-16-2011, 02:35 PM
Ya ever heard that old expression, "..slow as audioreview after a software upgrade"?

Heehee, sounds good, maybe I'll buy a new shirt for the premiere.

3LB
05-16-2011, 02:47 PM
Can't wait to see the "improvements"