Is Sears selling gear now? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Is Sears selling gear now?

frenchmon
05-11-2011, 05:40 PM
This must be a mistake...

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_SPM3236711701P?prdNo=5

Boy would I love to own that puppy!

harley .guy07
05-11-2011, 08:37 PM
It would not surprise me to at all. Sears as a company have ventured into markets that their stores don't even think about. I am not for sure that they have ventured into the higher end market but it would not surprise me one bit. their not doing anything audio wise without online if they are in fact selling it

pixelthis
05-12-2011, 12:58 PM
This is a joke or a spoof of some kind.
In fact, the last time I WAS IN A sears they were going the other direction,
getting rid of the few audio components (Yamaha receivers, etc) that they usually carry,
panels and HTIBS ans accessories like wall mounts were all they had.
THEY ARE not going to be selling an item that most of the great unwashed doesn't even
understand.
Most don't understand what a phono is, or the need to "amp" it, or what "amp"
even means.:1:

frenchmon
05-12-2011, 02:52 PM
I am wondering how this works...its a sears site but if you click on the little
note under the price of the preamp
Sold by HIDEF Lifestyle Inc you get more gear.

Enochrome
05-12-2011, 05:50 PM
Sears online now is a proxy site much like Amazon is for other sellers. To me it is really annoying because with Amazon it is clear that there is other sellers, with Sears it is not. Also, does Sears guarantee these seller products like, for the most part, Amazon does.

Don't know? At least maybe it will expose more people to proper Hi Fi that would normally throw down there hard earned cash for big black home "home theater in a box" stuff at Walmart. It's always good to be exposed to more options.

pixelthis
05-13-2011, 12:18 PM
More marketing.
Don't know how effective it will be, as most SEARS shoppers will have no clue about most
of this gear on sale at this site, a lot that looks like closeout odds and ends.:1:

jvc
05-13-2011, 12:39 PM
Our local Sears started selling Yamaha and Onkyo receivers awhile back. It may just be one or two models of each though. Seems like I saw two Yamaha receivers, and one Onkyo. The Onkyo was the TX-SR608. I don't remember which ones the Yamahas were. The were selling Boston Acoustic speakers in the store too. I haven't been in the store in awhile, to see if anything has changed.

E-Stat
05-13-2011, 01:46 PM
Sears online now is a proxy site much like Amazon is for other sellers.
Exactly. And they don't hide that fact either. The "real" seller is:

HIDEF Lifestyle Inc
6195 Allentown Blvd
Harrisburg PA 17112

rw