Internet Radio and SB Touch [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Internet Radio and SB Touch

Mingus
05-04-2011, 05:44 AM
I am getting great audio performance using the internet radio feature from the SB. Pick up tons of channels with great clarity and fun to use.

harley .guy07
05-04-2011, 11:38 AM
how does the SB touch work for flac files and other types of computer sound files, I have thought about getting one so that I can stream music through it from my pc so that I could take advantage of the digital outputs that it has and go to my dac and the fact that I have heard that it is easy to navigate and it would fit into my system well and is priced good.

mlsstl
05-04-2011, 07:01 PM
I use a Squeezebox Touch as the only music source for my main system. Most of my music is stored in FLAC format. The Touch supports FLAC and many other file formats natively without transcoding. I've also got a Squeezebox Radio in the kitchen that we mainly use for internet radio, but it can also play music from my server.

I just love this playback system. It is a great way to manage a large collection (I've got over 50,000 songs on my server) and the sound quality is completely to my satisfaction. At $300 list price, the Touch is a steal.

Mingus
05-05-2011, 05:32 AM
My SB Touch is connected to a DAC then to the my HT receiver. THe SB streams music from the computer which is mostly in Apple Lossless format via a wireless router. The music is very easy to navigate.........so is the internet radio.

harley .guy07
05-05-2011, 07:50 PM
Very good info guys, I have been looking at a better way to integrate my computer audio to my two channel system without just running a long USB cable to my DAC. I am looking at different options which include a SB Touch or actually building a dedicated desktop machine for multi media with a high end sound card for audio and run the video through my samsung led tv but these are just some of the ideas I have been thinking about.