Best 70s Prog CD - Contamination [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Best 70s Prog CD - Contamination

BarryL
04-27-2011, 11:42 AM
My favorite prog CD of the 1970s was by an Italian band RDM (Il Rovescio Della Medaglia). It was their second album, but first released in English on RCA Records at the time.

I went through multiple copies and bought a new version every time I could find one in the cut-out bins.

The album is built around JS Bach themes with English lyrics. I'm sure the guys had to sing them phonetically.

Demetrio sent me a copy of the original Italian version of the album with Italian vocals.

Anyway, I'm all abuzz because it arrived today, remastered and reissued by Sony in Italy. I bought my copy through Greg Walker at Synphonic. I've been buying specialty stuff from him for years, and he's always fast and reliable.

This is a powerhouse symphonic prog rock treat that has it all. This is possibly the greatest prog rock album of all time!

unleasHell
05-01-2011, 07:16 AM
Hello Barry, we should talk again about doing some cd-r exchanges, private message me your email if you wish...

I have never heard that RDM cd, but I do recall seeing it around for years. Before moving to Utah, Greg (Synphonic) used to live near me (Calif), which was very cool as I would visit him on Saturdays and preview Cd's in his garage, err warehouse.. I too still buy from him, he has great selection & prices...

Swish
05-02-2011, 04:37 AM
Couldn't resist Barry! Could....not....resist!