I had no idea ...Untitled #23 by the Church [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : I had no idea ...Untitled #23 by the Church

Davey
04-23-2011, 01:43 PM
Wow, don't even think I heard much about this, just a couple years old, but some very good sounding psychedelic music, a bit subdued, almost like some early Moody Blues and Pink Floyd at times. They turned down the jangly guitar interplay, and turned up the atmospherics. I know, for some of the people that have been around Rave Recs awhile, the Church gets kind of a bad rap because of all the hype around here for After Everything Now This from our old buddies Rush Power Windows and Demetrio ...

Listening 2 THE CHURCH 'After Everything Now This', since 3/2002. I have a CD copy for my main home stereo system, one for my car, one for my garage workshop, and one for my 'Sharper Image' bath/shower CD player system. I have a feeling that when I pass away one fine day, if there is a 'god', I will hear this CD while i'm traveling 'thru the white light' as well.

Even though not having too much time to visit the board lately, I had to post a reply to this thread this Tuesday, just because I got this awesome cd:

- THE CHURCH - After Everything Now This

This is simply one of the most beautiful things I have heard in a while. Can't stop listening to this wonderful cd.
:)

I remember that I couldn't resist that kind of passion and picked up a copy of AENT, cause I do really like the Church from way back, and I remember it's actually a pretty nice CD, though I have a hard time remembering much about it, so I may have just checked it out from the library, This one is lots better, with loads of nuance and texture, something I can listen to over and over. And I have been. All considered, startling that they could still pull out this kind of elevated performance after so many records. If you like these guys, and don't know much since the late 80s and early 90s, don't miss out on this, it's right up there.

Swish
04-24-2011, 03:28 PM
I remember that I couldn't resist that kind of passion and picked up a copy of AENT, cause I do really like the Church from way back, and I remember it's actually a pretty nice CD, though I have a hard time remembering much about it, so I may have just checked it out from the library, This one is lots better, with loads of nuance and texture, something I can listen to over and over. And I have been. All considered, startling that they could still pull out this kind of elevated performance after so many records. If you like these guys, and don't know much since the late 80s and early 90s, don't miss out on this, it's right up there.

...gave it a 5 star review and Pitchfork a 7 out of 10. I also agree about how good it is after so many records; this is actually their 20th, not including a few LPs, and was released during the 29th year they were together in 2009. My best bud Bob just went to see them for the umpteenth time, this one at the Trocadero in Philly (I saw them with him a couple years ago) and he knows pretty much everything about them and has everything they've done, and I mean everything. He buys music like a junkie buys smack.

Demetrio
06-21-2011, 05:31 AM
Hey, Dave, I have that Untitled # 23 CD and like it a lot too. Great stuff indeed.

Demetrio.