Well this just sucks! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Well this just sucks!

Swish
04-22-2011, 07:46 AM
I saw that Guided By Voices is doing a reunion tour and will be playing in Philly on Friday, June 17th. I was so revved up to see this band and was getting a bunch of friends together to get the tickets when Bob informed me we already have tickets to see the Feelies show that night. WTF!

Now I like me some Feelies, but if I had my choice, it would be Guided By Voices. Not by a mile, but by plenty. I only hope I can figure out some other way to see them.

Crap!

GMichael
04-22-2011, 08:44 AM
The Phillies suck. Go see your voices.

ForeverAutumn
04-22-2011, 08:55 AM
Sell off (or default) on your Feelies ticket and go see Guided By Voices. Bob'll understand.

Rae
04-22-2011, 09:02 AM
It's hard for me to sympathize, since I've seen GBV a bunch of times and the Feelies'd be a much more attractive ticket for me... but console yrself with the fact that GBV is more likely to be touring again (despite their repeated insistence) than the Feelies, right?

~Rae

Swish
04-22-2011, 09:36 AM
The Phillies suck. Go see your voices.

...I do NOT like the Phillies, but it was a nice attempt at a play on words. I'm a St. Louis Cardinals fan dude.

Swish
04-22-2011, 09:38 AM
It's hard for me to sympathize, since I've seen GBV a bunch of times and the Feelies'd be a much more attractive ticket for me... but console yrself with the fact that GBV is more likely to be touring again (despite their repeated insistence) than the Feelies, right?

~Rae

Nothing is certain though, is it? I never thought I'd get to see Pavement, and lo and behold. I never thought I'd see the Feelies, and lo and behold, and I never thought I'd get to see GBV....guess we'll wait and see about that.

Swish
05-18-2012, 04:28 AM

~Rae

Yep, they be comin' to Philly in July, and I'll be there with bells on. Good call!