Hi there! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Hi there!

verdetortuga
04-21-2011, 02:22 PM
Hi, I am just posting my first thread?! Well I have a denon dra 295...2 vienna acoustics...haydn grand... and a samsung 5 series lcd. Thats what i have to get going! I am looking to get some kind of blu ray player that will work with what I have. I do not know anything about audio componenents, but I am enjoying reading up and learning. I have kind of inherited this equipment...and it will only be in a small room. I don't think I have the room for a surround sound...I was wondering though if I would be able to add on some kind of woofer or other speakers. I don't even have it hooked up yet...I don't have the manual for the denon, so I think that is the first thing I need to get. I welcome all suggestions and feedback, as I love music and can't wait to get everything going. Thank you, Tami

Mr Peabody
04-21-2011, 08:19 PM
Hi Tommy, looks like you have a good start. Isn't the Denon receiver just stereo? You could still add a sub if necessary but I'd wait to see how the system sounds first. A couple ideas for Blu-ray player, one, get a Samsung to match the TV, they should have link-up features and the remote to TV would operate the player, two, a Sony PS3, then you'd have a great BDP and game console, or, an Oppo which would provide music format playback. There's also, Denon.

Welcome!

verdetortuga
04-21-2011, 09:23 PM
Hi, and thank u Mr. Peabody! If I would have been a guy, I'm sure my parents would have named me Tommy...but as it turns out...they named me Tami and my twin sister Pati. I will definitely look into both blu ray players. The denon, is just stereo. What is the music format playback you mentioned? Does it have to do with my denon being stereo, and not digital? I'm reading and trying to understand all of these terms.The one thing that really surprised me was all the different cables and connectors...I have no idea about all of these devices that are out there, but it is very fascinating! Thanks for your advice, and I will let u know what I come up with... Tami

badhabit67
04-22-2011, 10:22 AM
Welcome to AR,Tami...... All the best to ya,good luck with the rest of your system.

And Now, back to the music..............

Hyfi
04-22-2011, 10:49 AM
Hello and welcome.

Mr P was referring to the OPPO 93's ability to play almost any kind of file from Blu to DVD to CD, HDCS, SACD, Photo, MP3, MP4, FLAC, AVI.........It has the ability to stream all that as well as Netflix, Picassa, Blockbuster....from a USB drive, Network Drive,Thumb Drive and any PC on your network wireless or wired.

I love my 93