Has anybody heard of Theater Research speakers? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Has anybody heard of Theater Research speakers?

swgiust
04-12-2004, 10:58 AM
I love to browse around on E-bay and I have been seeing some good deals on a brand
of speakers called Theater Research. Has anybody heard of them, or does anybody
have them? The company does have a website trtheaterresearch.com. but it doesn't
tell you much. I have seen them listed on a scam website and I notice that they
are not a brand listed as being reviewed by anybody on this site. Too good to be
true???

woodman
04-12-2004, 12:49 PM
I love to browse around on E-bay and I have been seeing some good deals on a brand
of speakers called Theater Research. Has anybody heard of them, or does anybody
have them? The company does have a website trtheaterresearch.com. but it doesn't
tell you much. I have seen them listed on a scam website and I notice that they
are not a brand listed as being reviewed by anybody on this site. Too good to be
true???

The reason why you're seeing "some good deals" on this brand is most likely because it's what is known as a "white van" brand - which is a scam of the first order! In case you're not aware of the scam, it's perpetrated by a couple of guys working out of a van or truck (unmarked) in a parking lot somewhere. They have a "story" to explain just how they can make YOU one helluva deal on a pair of speakers, which turn out to be some brand that sounds impressive, but in fact is a brand that no one has ever heard of. And for good reason! Opening one of them up will reveal them to be extremely cheaply made ... of such poor quality that they could never compete in the legitimate marketplace, and can only get sold by way of a "con game".

Run, don't walk away as fast as your little legs can carry you is the best advice that I (or anyone else) could give you.