Wilco question for bobsticks. [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Wilco question for bobsticks.

Swish
04-19-2011, 11:21 AM
Do you think that Thomas Vanek and Ryan Miller will be listening to "Impossible Germany' after packing in the first round?

(See how I did that?) Oh yeah, baybay...it's that time again.:D :ciappa:

bobsticks
04-19-2011, 12:10 PM
Congrats for your team, Swisheroo. From what I've read it's been a good series and I like Claude Giroux and Scotty Hartnell. Mayhap this is the year that Flyin' Brian Boucher can shake the demons of abject failure and take them all the way.

I wish I could offer more specific commentary but time is a finite resource and I've been watching several other series...the ones with teams that might actually win the Stanley Cup.

Swish
04-19-2011, 12:14 PM
You just had to get a dig in there, didn't you. Well, we shall see about that Stanley Cup. The Fly Boys have a very good chance, especially with Pronger coming back. I think this could be their year.

bobsticks
04-19-2011, 12:58 PM
http://www.sportsoverdose.com/thumbs/brian-boucher-33-nhl.jpg

...and while some might confuse this face for a CPA, or umbrella salesman at a kiosk in the mall, or even a Hush Puppy shoe salesman, we know that's clearly the gaze of a champion.

Truthfully, I'm not sure that any team from the East matches up very well with Vancouver or Detroit or even the Sharks...

Mr MidFi
04-20-2011, 05:29 AM

...and while some might confuse this face for a CPA, or umbrella salesman at a kiosk in the mall, or even a Hush Puppy shoe salesman, we know that's clearly the gaze of a champion.

Truthfully, I'm not sure that any team from the East matches up very well with Vancouver or Detroit or even the Sharks...

Luongo looked horrible last night... and by 'horrible' I mean 'hurt'. And the rest of the 'nucks flat gave up halfway through the 2nd. They'll still win the series, I'm sure... but I was shocked by how badly they played that one game.

bobsticks
04-20-2011, 10:19 AM
Luongo looked horrible last night... and by 'horrible' I mean 'hurt'. And the rest of the 'nucks flat gave up halfway through the 2nd. They'll still win the series, I'm sure... but I was shocked by how badly they played that one game.

Yeah. I've kinda given up on watching the Hawks if only because I noticed later in the season that everytime I watched a game they lost. Some kind of freaky biorhythm thing, no doubt...and, yes, I am exactly that superstitious.

As bad as the C-nucks may have looked, I'm sure they beat the Flyers.

I don't know if anyone watched the Left Coast feed of the L.A. meltdown last night but it was spectacular. I'd be surprised if that kind of thing wasn't a momentum changer in a series.

http://store.universal-music.co.uk/content/ebiz/universalmusic/invt/j./T./h./0028942939127d/0028942939127d_medium.jpg

ForeverAutumn
04-20-2011, 10:26 AM

OMG! I never realized that Boucher was such a hottie!!! Hubba Hubba. :ihih:

bobsticks
04-20-2011, 10:47 AM
OMG! I never realized that Boucher was such a hottie!!! Hubba Hubba. :ihih:

Lol, well I guess we see where your allegiances lie, eh Fall Girl? Then again, there's not a lot of media coverage of Leafs at the golf course so a girl prolly has to take the hotties where she can get 'em...

ForeverAutumn
04-20-2011, 11:27 AM
Bah, I'm done with hockey for the season. The Toronto Rock lacrosse team are in the NLL* playoffs. I'd rather watch lacrosse over hockey any day.

GO ROCK GO!!!

*National Lacrosse League.

bobsticks
04-20-2011, 05:55 PM
I'm sorry Autumn, I can't hear you...did you say something?

I'm really enjoying listening to 2008's Preset's release, "Apocalypso" while waiting for the Flyers to lose so I can watch the Red Wings...

ForeverAutumn
04-20-2011, 06:12 PM
I'm sorry Autumn, I can't hear you...did you say something?

Yeah, I said,

GO FLYERS GO!!!

Oh, I also called you a Jackass...just in case you missed it.
:ciappa:

bobsticks
04-20-2011, 06:18 PM
Oh, I also called you a Jackass...just in case you missed it.
:ciappa:

...and you're not even the first today to have hurled invectives...stand in line fine lady, stand in line....there will be snacks, there will.

ForeverAutumn
04-20-2011, 06:54 PM
...there will be snacks, there will.

Will there be pony rides and dancing bears?

bobsticks
04-20-2011, 07:08 PM
Big, orange bears weeping inconsolably

Swish
04-24-2011, 03:32 PM
Big, orange bears weeping inconsolably

Welcome back to the City of Brotherly Love, Sabers! Let's see how this one plays out, but the Flyers have a chance...a very good chance with home ice on Tuesday. And the Canucks lost another to the Hawks? And you think they are that much better than the Flyers? Pleeeeeeeeeeeease.

Ville Leino for President!

bobsticks
04-24-2011, 03:45 PM
I actually watched this one and I gotta give them boys in orange some credit. They looked fairly impressive (though it could be argued that a team that exercised that much puck control should've scored more).

I think you mistook my acknowledgment of skill in Vancouver for me liking/supporting them...which it's not. I'm perfectly overjoyed to see Chi-Town do well. And, yes, the Canucks could still beat the Flyers.

In any case, I am glad that your boys are hanging on.

Swish
04-25-2011, 04:13 AM
I actually watched this one and I gotta give them boys in orange some credit. They looked fairly impressive (though it could be argued that a team that exercised that much puck control should've scored more).

I think you mistook my acknowledgment of skill in Vancouver for me liking/supporting them...which it's not. I'm perfectly overjoyed to see Chi-Town do well. And, yes, the Canucks could still beat the Flyers.

In any case, I am glad that your boys are hanging on.

...when you consider shots and puck-control, but the puck isn't going in the net with enough frequency. It happens.

Looks like the Canucks are on the ropes but I'm guessing they, like the Flyers, will win the final at home. It's good to see the top point-getter in the league pushed to the 7th game by the #8 seed. It proves, once again, that anything can happen in the Cup playoffs. The Flyers were a testament to that last year.

3LB
04-25-2011, 07:48 AM
Are you guys talkin ice-soccer or somethin?

Rae
04-26-2011, 08:23 PM
I'm surprised that this thread has gone unbumped for 36 hours.

~Rae

Swish
04-27-2011, 03:43 AM
I'm surprised that this thread has gone unbumped for 36 hours.

~Rae

...the Flyers beat Buffalo in game 7 last night! GO FLYERS GO!!!

bobsticks
04-27-2011, 04:55 AM
Flyers in six. Book it.

The underachieving has already started.

Swish
04-27-2011, 06:55 AM
The underachieving has already started.

But I'll take it in 7 anytime. They appear to thrive off the drama. Too bad the Hawks let the Canooks squeak by them in game 7. Now I need T.B. over the Pens and Boston over the Habs. Sounds like a plan.

bobsticks
04-27-2011, 06:57 AM
. Now I need T.B. over the Pens and Boston over the Habs. Sounds like a plan.

We're together on this though I suspect that we'll be hearing some muscle-flexing, knee jerk stuff from the HQ regarding Lucic.

Swish
04-27-2011, 07:01 AM
We're together on this though I suspect that we'll be hearing some muscle-flexing, knee jerk stuff from the HQ regarding Lucic.

...I want Boston as the Flyers next opponent since they sort of own them, so having Lucic out for a few games would be okay with me, but I don't think that's going to happen after a review of the play.

http://www.nesn.com/2011/04/milan-lucics-ejection-bogus-as-referees-simply-get-it-wrong-after-hit-on-jaroslav-spacek.html

Mr MidFi
04-27-2011, 08:14 AM
The Hawks losing game 7 in overtime was bad enough. But making me stay up till the small hours on a schoolnight... that's unforgivable.

(At least the Bulls closed out their series handily.)

MindGoneHaywire
04-28-2011, 12:18 AM
I have a long list of things I'd prefer to see than have the Flyers win the Cup.

I'd rather sit through a Rush record.

I'd deal with 16 hours of reality television every day for a month.

I'd prefer to see Michigan beat my Buckeyes.

I'd say something about the Red Sox but they've already won twice in the past few seasons. Enough with them already.

The Flyers are a festering sore on the butt of Lord Stanley. May they soon be vanquished, and go the way of the Montreal Maroons, the Cleveland Barons, the New York Americans, the Vancouver Millionaires, the Toronto St. Patricks. Begone.

Swish
04-28-2011, 03:37 AM
I have a long list of things I'd prefer to see than have the Flyers win the Cup.

I'd rather sit through a Rush record.

I'd deal with 16 hours of reality television every day for a month.

I'd prefer to see Michigan beat my Buckeyes.

I'd say something about the Red Sox but they've already won twice in the past few seasons. Enough with them already.

The Flyers are a festering sore on the butt of Lord Stanley. May they soon be vanquished, and go the way of the Montreal Maroons, the Cleveland Barons, the New York Americans, the Vancouver Millionaires, the Toronto St. Patricks. Begone.

Where have you been hiding my friend? Good to see you posting, even if it was to bust on my beloved Flyers. You did give me a couple good laughs for the day, especially the reality TV line. Good stuff!

Let's get Flyered up!

bobsticks
04-30-2011, 03:21 PM
I'm thinking of someone that prolly won't be on here to talk smack for awhile...

I'll give you 7 guesses but you'll most likely only need 3. :ciappa: :ciappa: :ciappa:

Swish
05-01-2011, 11:08 AM
I'm thinking of someone that prolly won't be on here to talk smack for awhile...

I'll give you 7 guesses but you'll most likely only need 3. :ciappa: :ciappa: :ciappa:

...and they ain't Merry Christmas!

Just remember last year; Flyers down 3 games to none, and 3 - 0 in the 3rd period of game 4. They come back to win game 4, then 5,6, and 7 and end up playing in the finals. Yes, they looked bad yesterday, but it was only one game. :ciappa: :ciappa: :ciappa:

MindGoneHaywire
05-02-2011, 06:54 PM
Whoopsies.

bobsticks
05-02-2011, 06:54 PM
I got two words for you... D-A-V-I-D K-R-E-J-C-I

Advantages in SOG, Hits, PP, Faceoffs won...The Flyboys are uncanny in their ability to completely outperform teams and still come up short...almost an art form really.

Swish
05-03-2011, 02:51 AM
Whoopsies.

...along with the Rangers?

Swish
05-03-2011, 02:53 AM
I got two words for you... D-A-V-I-D K-R-E-J-C-I

Advantages in SOG, Hits, PP, Faceoffs won...The Flyboys are uncanny in their ability to completely outperform teams and still come up short...almost an art form really.

How Brier didn't score at the end of regulation is beyond me. Wide open net and the puck sitting right in front of him. 22 shots int he 3rd periods...tons of chances...domination in the OT....been here before and came back, but I don't like a 2-0 hole.

MindGoneHaywire
05-03-2011, 01:46 PM
...along with the Rangers?

No, just sweet memories.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuFRqOjZWtQ

Swish
05-03-2011, 05:52 PM
No, just sweet memories.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuFRqOjZWtQ

One sweet memory I have is the Flyers eliminating the Rangers from the playoffs in the last game of the season in 2010, in a shoot-out no less. We all know the Flyers took the 8th seed to the Stanley Cup Finals. Losing sucked, but no one expected them to be there. Not you, not me.

MindGoneHaywire
05-03-2011, 09:38 PM
Only bad people like them.

Swish
05-04-2011, 04:01 AM
Only bad people like them.

You have me confused with a Yankees fan.

MindGoneHaywire
05-04-2011, 04:55 AM
No, that's a fan base of bad people with good taste: 7 championships in the past 35 years, dig?

bobsticks
05-04-2011, 06:15 AM
The Flyers are this cool:

<object width="425" height="349"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/oDmkuBlEnUE?fs=1&hl=en_US&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/oDmkuBlEnUE?fs=1&hl=en_US&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="349" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

MindGoneHaywire
05-04-2011, 08:37 PM
Oh, dear me.