Brief Review [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Brief Review

MasterCylinder
04-18-2011, 07:19 AM
For all my friends and colleagues here at the RR board that had interest in PICTURES AT AN EXHIBITION :

Saturday night I finally got to see this work performed and as we all knew it would be magnificent, I admit I was not prepared to witness such a fantastic performance of this classic piece.

The conductor & orchestra were on their game............much extra percussion was brought in............also two harpists...........the brass section was well up to the task............the Ravel orchestration utilizes a saxophone for a voice (rare) and the female instrumentalist was singled out by the conductor during the standing ovation for the entire symphony............The "Great Gate" was beyond description............and loud !

A terrific night.

Javier
04-18-2011, 10:16 AM
Hey master for a good recreation at home, Simon Rattle and the berlin philarmonic
on blu-ray great performance, great sound great video. the program is pictures as well as bordin simphony 2, and polevetsian dances .

MasterCylinder
04-19-2011, 04:21 AM
Hey master for a good recreation at home, Simon Rattle and the berlin philarmonic
on blu-ray great performance, great sound great video. the program is pictures as well as bordin simphony 2, and polevetsian dances .

Thanks for the tip; I will find that one.