I wanna do better, I wanna try harder.. [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : I wanna do better, I wanna try harder..

Swish
04-17-2011, 10:17 AM
...I wanna believe, down to the letter.

I was just strumming the chords to my favorite tune off that most excellent Over the Rhine double cd, Ohio, and thinking about good friends recently split up just 3 weeks short of their 20th anniversary. It came as a complete shock to my wife and I, knowing them as well as we did and not having a clue that there were problems. Da<a>mn.

It's been a busy/tough/crazy year for me so far, but I have some good things to look forward to, so there's still a chance for redemption for 2011.

I'm happy to have seen this band twice and would see them again and again, but I just checked their tour dates and nothing is listed for PA.

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1jGYHXgEqBA?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1jGYHXgEqBA?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

Davey
04-17-2011, 01:37 PM
Yea, that's a good song from a good record. You probably know that record and tour just about undid their marriage too. Many of the songs do foretell darker times. They canceled the tour and took a few months off to decide what to do, I don't think they were even living together anymore. Went to counseling, got to know each other again, and decided it was worth keeping their marriage. Not sure how well they are doing now.

They have a new one out... have you heard it yet? I have the mp3 but haven't listened yet. They are pretty good with policing the net for their music :)

Today has been a Television day. Live at the Old Waldorf. The Rhino Handmade release. They put on some fine shows. 1978, their last US tour date until the 92 reunion ... got a flac of a 1992 show in NYC on the queue right now. Almost all stuff from the reunion record that year. Should be hot, I hope. Love that record.

Swish
04-17-2011, 02:29 PM
Yea, that's a good song from a good record. You probably know that record and tour just about undid their marriage too. Many of the songs do foretell darker times. They canceled the tour and took a few months off to decide what to do, I don't think they were even living together anymore. Went to counseling, got to know each other again, and decided it was worth keeping their marriage. Not sure how well they are doing now.

They have a new one out... have you heard it yet? I have the mp3 but haven't listened yet. They are pretty good with policing the net for their music :)

Today has been a Television day. Live at the Old Waldorf. The Rhino Handmade release. They put on some fine shows. 1978, their last US tour date until the 92 reunion ... got a flac of a 1992 show in NYC on the queue right now. Almost all stuff from the reunion record that year. Should be hot, I hope. Love that record.

Television? I just got my best bud Bob a t-shirt with the cover from the Marquee Moon record. We saw a young lad with one on when we were at the Pavement show last September and he really dug it, so I scoured the planet, well, at least e-bay, to find one. He really loves that crap. Me? Not so much.

Never heard that Live record but it sounds like stellar stuff. Have to pull our Marquee Moon. Yeah.

Davey
04-17-2011, 04:40 PM
Never heard that Live record but it sounds like stellar stuff. Have to pull our Marquee Moon. Yeah.
Yea, Marquee Moon has got the stuff, still after all these many years. I haven't heard a CD version that really sounded quite right, though. So if I'm playing digital and want to hear some Marquee Moon, there is a 24/96 version you can download from the original Elektra vinyl that was done with a pretty nice front-end by a guy that goes by petr_aprel ... http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GKWGU6RQ

Swish
04-18-2011, 12:54 PM
Yea, Marquee Moon has got the stuff, still after all these many years. I haven't heard a CD version that really sounded quite right, though. So if I'm playing digital and want to hear some Marquee Moon, there is a 24/96 version you can download from the original Elektra vinyl that was done with a pretty nice front-end by a guy that goes by petr_aprel ... http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GKWGU6RQ

Downloading as I reply. I look at it this way; like Iggy's Raw Power, Marquee Moon is essential, so even a bad cd is better than none. Can't wait to hear this one though.