Who don't like the Feelies? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Who don't like the Feelies?

Davey
04-15-2011, 02:20 PM
The new one is here ... and it sounds pretty good. Space out of time. Nothing new, just some jangly guitar fun. Thoughts? PJ Harvey and the Feelies. Pretty cool year.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61c1rVriK1L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

http://www.israbox.com/1146364418-the-feelies-here-before-2011-flac.html

jonnyhambone
04-16-2011, 11:13 AM
picked up the Crazy Rhythms reissue last year - upgrading from my 15+ yr. old Maxell tape version. I just saw the new one but had $100 worth of stuff in my hands from Record St. Day so figured I better wait...glad it sounds good and jangly. Most exciting new one from this morning that I haven't even spun yet, the Test Press version of Big Star's Third - one of my faves ever and supposedly sounding amazing on this pressing (2,000 made, cut from orig. analog assembly reel on same lathe and by same engineer as the 1975 release)...gonna crack an IPA and go check it out now...

Davey
04-16-2011, 11:56 AM
picked up the Crazy Rhythms reissue last year - upgrading from my 15+ yr. old Maxell tape version. I just saw the new one but had $100 worth of stuff in my hands from Record St. Day so figured I better wait...glad it sounds good and jangly. Most exciting new one from this morning that I haven't even spun yet, the Test Press version of Big Star's Third - one of my faves ever and supposedly sounding amazing on this pressing (2,000 made, cut from orig. analog assembly reel on same lathe and by same engineer as the 1975 release)...gonna crack an IPA and go check it out now...
Yea, saw the Big Star mentioned at the Hoffman site. Nice score, heard they are already going for well over a hundred on epay. I just spun the Ryko cd a few days ago myself. Been liking that new Bill Callahan a lot too, I think I saw you felt the same. Good stuff. Get the Feelies on vinyl if you can. The CD isn't mastered very well, not real loud but lots of clipping.