SPOON question for Swishdaddy... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : SPOON question for Swishdaddy...

bobsticks
04-13-2011, 11:12 AM
Do you think that Braydon Coburn and Kris Versteeg will be listening to "My Japanese Cigarette Case" on the golf course after those resilient and pesky Sabres send 'em packing in the first round?

(See how I did that? Oh yeah, baybay...it's that time again...:dita: :ciappa: )

Swish
04-13-2011, 11:36 AM
Do you think that Braydon Coburn and Kris Versteeg will be listening to "My Japanese Cigarette Case" on the golf course after those resilient and pesky Sabres send 'em packing in the first round?

(See how I did that? Oh yeah, baybay...it's that time again...:dita: :ciappa: )

Book it.

bobsticks
04-13-2011, 11:40 AM
What a terse response.

Okay, Swishdaddygrumpypants, maybe...and that's a big maybe...but y'all need a healthy Pronger, as much for experience as for grit...I think Game 1 will go a long way as to telling the tale of this series.

Swish
04-14-2011, 03:48 AM
What a terse response.

Okay, Swishdaddygrumpypants, maybe...and that's a big maybe...but y'all need a healthy Pronger, as much for experience as for grit...I think Game 1 will go a long way as to telling the tale of this series.

I'm not so sure the Fly Boys need him to win. Most of their problems stemmed from the inability to finish and to win shoot-outs, but there are no shoot-outs in the playoffs, so one issue solved.

Mr MidFi
04-14-2011, 05:24 AM
Hawks played like crap last night. Never mind.

Go Bulls!!!!! (got tix for Saturday)

Luvin Da Blues
04-14-2011, 05:36 AM
Hawks played like crap last night. Never mind.

Go Bulls!!!!! (got tix for Saturday)

'Nucks in six. Bye Bye Hawks. They didn't play all that bad, just outclassed IMHO.We have more depth this year than any other. I would hazard a guess that they are the deepest in the league right now. Your time in the sun has come to an end. :3:

bobsticks
04-14-2011, 01:23 PM
'Nucks in six. Bye Bye Hawks. They didn't play all that bad, just outclassed IMHO.We have more depth this year than any other. I would hazard a guess that they are the deepest in the league right now. Your time in the sun has come to an end. :3:

I've spent a lot of time processing this one, and, I'm not sure I totally agree with your analysis but I do concur with the results.

Frankly, the Hawks did play pretty poorly and if it weren't for Crawford standing on his head the score would've been much more lopsided. The absence of 10 players from the Cup team is pretty evident, especially Bigg Buff. Aside from that they simply didn't establish their game plan nor did they perform basics very competently. Their two best scoring chances were from sort of willy-nilly, "holy chit! I got the puck!" moments...and hitting the bar, while not hard to do, is unacceptable once much less twice.

That said, I've been looking for reasons to discount Vancouver...too much hype, Sedin sisters annoy me, my consistent love for the underdog...but I'm not sure I can this year. Yes, they were big fish in the little pond that is West Coast hockey but they are a well put-together team. They also seem physically more imposing than I had supposed.

I was impressed with their ownership of the boards and relentless defense.

Edit: Oh yeah, I really, really enjoyed listening to Uncle Davey's Holiday Mixer '07 before the game and The Bon Mots' Le Main Drag after ... :D

http://static.rateyourmusic.com/album_images/504032f670ec8427968fecbea2c99ed0/285621.jpg

Swish
04-15-2011, 03:21 AM
The Flyers basically dominated Buffalo in every facet except goals. They out-shot, out-hit, and out-played them but couldn't find the net and wasted so many power play opportunities. What a shame.

bobsticks
04-15-2011, 05:46 AM
That's certainly optimistic.

Swish
04-15-2011, 06:45 AM
That's certainly optimistic.

I saw every second of it, and the Flyers did indeed dominate. If anyone kept such this statistic (they don't), I would guarantee the Flyers spent twice as much time in the Sabers zone as the Sabers did in the Flyers zone. Sometimes the puck doesn't go in the net and there's not much you can do about it. They had plenty of chances.

bobsticks
04-16-2011, 08:41 AM
No one keeps such statistics because, obviously, it doesn't matter.

They didn't win then, they prolly won't win on this day either...

---sticks

(hehehe...enjoying the smack talk and now playing:

http://75.102.25.251/~little/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/high-dive-cover.jpg )

Swish
04-16-2011, 09:49 AM
No one keeps such statistics because, obviously, it doesn't matter.

They didn't win then, they prolly won't win on this day either...

---sticks

(hehehe...enjoying the smack talk and now playing:

http://75.102.25.251/~little/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/high-dive-cover.jpg )

Bite me hard. They'll win by at least 2 goals tonight.

Swish
04-16-2011, 04:40 PM
...they only won by a goal, not two!