Anybody heard of David & David [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Anybody heard of David & David

Smokey
04-12-2011, 04:12 PM
I have asked my friends and coworker that like music if they have ever heard of 80's LA group called David&David, and to may amazment non of them said yes. They only put out one album in 1986 titled "Welcome to the Boomtown" where title song became a big radio hit.

And the whole album is pretty good.

http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/ciu/ff/46/c021224128a026b587e1c010.L.jpg

Luvin Da Blues
04-12-2011, 04:46 PM
I remember them and that song vaguely. Definitely not my cup-a-tea. IMO, it's no surprise they disappeared after one LP, as did so many from that era.

Smokey
04-12-2011, 06:58 PM
Too bad they only did one album as second album probably would have brought more exposure. Like many, if it wasn't for their radio hit Boomtown, nobody would have heard of that group.

Swish
04-13-2011, 02:56 AM
...but they were truly 'one-hit wonders'. Both were studio musicians who put that one record together and that was the end. By the way, both worked on Sheryl Crow's "Tuesday Night Music Club'.

Mr MidFi
04-13-2011, 05:35 AM
If memory serves, I think David Baerwald put out a solo disc not long afterward which was somewhat similar and got some decent reviews.

3LB
04-13-2011, 08:01 AM
If memory serves, I think David Baerwald put out a solo disc not long afterward which was somewhat similar and got some decent reviews.he's put out three, two of them I have and they are similar to the David & David album, which in my estimation is one of the decade's better albums.

Yes, both Davids played on the Crowe album and they intended to tour as the Tuesday Night Music Club, but Crowe and the label execs had other ideas.

Smokey
04-13-2011, 06:18 PM
Thanks guys for added information as I didn't know one of the david had solo albums. Now I have to do more research. And 3LB, agree that record is one of the decade's better albums