Tron: Legacy - THAT'S Reference Quality ($5 off coupon until Apr 10) [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Tron: Legacy - THAT'S Reference Quality ($5 off coupon until Apr 10)

Woochifer
04-07-2011, 06:03 PM
As implied in the title, I think I've found a new reference Blu-ray title. As a movie, Tron: Legacy got mixed reviews, and while I generally liked the movie, it did leave a lot to be desired. But, there's no disputing Tron: Legacy's technical chops. The visual quality of this movie is top notch. It used digital film cameras, so it doesn't have the texture or grain that you see with 35mm cinematography. But, given that most of the action takes place inside of a computerized grid, the digital look is appropriate and surprisingly organic.

The sound on this title is also damn good -- very active surrounds, clear dialog, very good spatial placement, and lots of attention for the subwoofer. But, for me the highlight of the soundtrack is that wicked techno music from Daft Punk. It's bold, it's loud, and works incredibly well with the movie itself and with the sound mix.

As mentioned in the header, Disney's currently offering up a $5 off coupon for the four-disc 3D combo pack. This includes 3D and 2D Blu-rays, DVD, and Digital Copy.

Target's currently selling the four-disc set for $25. With the $5 off coupon, you're paying the same $20 price as the two-disc BD/DVD combo pack, and basically getting the 3D Blu-ray and Digital Copy thrown in for free.

I don't have a 3D TV and probably won't get one for a while, but I've already got a 3D demo disc waiting for when that eventuality arrives. I originally saw it in IMAX 3D, and it displayed some excellent use of the 3D effect to convey depth and more of a tunneling effect, rather than just throwing stuff off the screen.

recoveryone
04-07-2011, 06:33 PM
Woo, you can get it at Wal Mart for $19.98 this week and if you read my Blu Ray review, I said it was a Visual and Audio treat.

Woochifer
04-08-2011, 08:49 AM
Oops! I intended to post this in the Favorite Films forum, can the mods move this please?

Mingus
04-08-2011, 10:00 AM
I purchased the Tron br/dvd combo for $20 at Target. The lighting effects and soundtrack was outstanding. I also order the Tron soundtrack cd. I also purchase Little Fockers on the same day.