The Cove [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : The Cove

Hyfi
04-07-2011, 09:10 AM
I just watched this documentary about the Dolphin slaughtering business in Japan.

This is Ric O'Barry going full circle from being the person who captured the original 5 dolphins that were used for filming the TV show Flipper. He caught them, trained them, and starred in the show. Then after realizing the monster he started with capturing dolphins for captivity and Sea World type aquarium exhibits.

He spends the next 20 or 30 years trying to stop it. He eventually is able to gather the filming of the dolphins in a little secluded cove. Most of Japan is unaware and the Government is hiding and covering it up.

I had to fast forward thru 5 minutes of this as it was too sick to watch.

Great documentary for creating awareness.

hifi-freak
04-07-2011, 03:54 PM
A great movie. It shows a sad reality, what people can do for money..heart touching.

drseid
04-26-2011, 11:42 AM
I just watched this documentary about the Dolphin slaughtering business in Japan.

This is Ric O'Barry going full circle from being the person who captured the original 5 dolphins that were used for filming the TV show Flipper. He caught them, trained them, and starred in the show. Then after realizing the monster he started with capturing dolphins for captivity and Sea World type aquarium exhibits.

He spends the next 20 or 30 years trying to stop it. He eventually is able to gather the filming of the dolphins in a little secluded cove. Most of Japan is unaware and the Government is hiding and covering it up.

I had to fast forward thru 5 minutes of this as it was too sick to watch.

Great documentary for creating awareness.

Yes, I too found this movie extremely moving. I went searching for their website almost immediately after watching it to make a large donation to the cause. It is a great film, but very difficult to watch (and listen to... you know what I mean).

---Dave