Rave Recs Favorites Contest: Yes v. Frank Zappa [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Rave Recs Favorites Contest: Yes v. Frank Zappa

mad rhetorik
04-12-2004, 05:29 AM
Match 1, Progressive Rock Division: <b>Yes v. Frank Zappa</b>

Polls close 4/14.

DariusNYC
04-12-2004, 03:16 PM
Frank Zappa Fan Thinks You Just Haven't Heard The Right Album
NEDERLAND, CO—In spite of your insistence that you are not into Frank Zappa, avid fan Roger Von Lee believes that you would change your mind if you heard the right album. "You're prejudiced, because the only Zappa you know is 'Valley Girl' and 'Don't Eat The Yellow Snow,'" Von Lee told you Tuesday. "Seriously, you need to check out Hot Rats or Absolutely Free. Zappa and the Mothers were at their peak, and Zappa's jazz-rock fusion experiments predate B*tches Brew. That'll totally convince you that Zappa's the sh*t." Von Lee added that if those two don't get under your skin, he can recommend another 15 to 20 albums that will for sure.

Dusty Chalk
04-12-2004, 07:55 PM
However, I still voted for Frank. However much I admire Frank, Yes take me places like no-one else.

ForeverAutumn
04-13-2004, 04:54 AM
Yaaaaay! I get to vote for Yes again! (Take that Newtrix1. :p )

Dave_G
04-13-2004, 06:55 AM
He was his own genre.

I vote for YES.

Dave

Worf101
04-15-2004, 06:12 PM
A musician's musician. Amazing arrangements... warped beyond words and at times, truly awe inspiring. Saw him live in Albany at the Palace Theatre some years back... I left feeling ashamed of my meagre musical skills and mumbling to myself. I got too late to this one to vote but my vote goes to the dreaded Dynamo Hum!!!!! :cool: