the original crime family!! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : the original crime family!!

winston
04-04-2011, 06:54 AM
THE BORGIAS, ANYONE sees this on showtime?? Jeremy Irons seem,s to be at his best again, plus all good actors (adults viewing and church politics) :wink5:

http://www.sho.com/site/borgias/home.sho

Worf101
04-05-2011, 05:06 AM
Not yet BUT I have Showtime and will watch the first episode this afternoon on demand. If it's half as good at "The Tudors" Showtime may have a hit on their hands.

Worf

winston
04-05-2011, 08:03 AM
Not yet BUT I have Showtime and will watch the first episode this afternoon on demand. If it's half as good at "The Tudors" Showtime may have a hit on their hands.

Worf
Please,Please report back "U hear!! :incazzato:

Feanor
04-05-2011, 08:47 AM
THE BORGIAS, ANYONE sees this on showtime?? Jeremy Irons seem,s to be at his best again, plus all good actors (adults viewing and church politics) :wink5:

http://www.sho.com/site/borgias/home.sho
Yes! I saw it on Bravo! I'll definitely be watching the series.

Jeremy Irons is great as Rodrigo Borgia but François Arnaud maybe less so as Cesare Borgia --somewhat lacking the gravitas of the historical character. Derek Jocobi is reliable as Cardnal Orssi -- but then we won't be seeing again, hehe. Holly Grainger is charming as Lucrezia Borgia -- a quick learner, Lucrezia, but then she had good teachers.

So far looks like 3-3.5/5; not quite another Rome, maybe more on a par with TheTudors. But I'm reserving judgement. Good direction, gorgeous sets, pretty good costumes.

Steve54
04-16-2011, 09:49 AM
I love historical themes, loved the Tudors when it was on, and waited anxiously for its debut. So far, just great.
Steve

winston
04-16-2011, 08:35 PM
I came across this article written by (Charles Mcgrath)

ALTHOUGH they lived in the 15th and 16th centuries, the Borgias, the subject of a new nine-part Showtime mini-series that begins next Sunday, were a family made for TV. The Borgias were rich, ruthless, scheming and corrupt, and so sexually voracious that, if you believe the rumors, they slept with everyone, including one another. Mario Puzo, who worked on a novel about them, called the Borgias the Corleones of the Renaissance. They also resemble “The Sopranos” a little. Imagine if Tony, instead of running a garbage hauling business, had bought himself the papacy.

yes; I watched to first episode on my computer; show time's was baiting me up with the freebies, and I took it:smilewinkgrin: man" this is one (notorious and outrageous family of that period)

So far looks like 3-3.5/5; not quite another Rome, maybe more on a par with TheTudors. But I'm reserving judgement. Good direction, gorgeous sets, pretty good costumes

Feanor, I agree with everything "except they took all judgement reservations away from me":yesnod: