I'm going to see Supertramp. :) [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : I'm going to see Supertramp. :)

ForeverAutumn
03-31-2011, 07:16 AM
The last time I saw them, Roger Hodgson was still with the band. I've seen Roger perform solo many times in the last decade, but haven't seen Supertramp since the early 80's. It should be a fun show and I'm looking forward to it!

Hyfi
03-31-2011, 07:27 AM
The last time I saw them, Roger Hodgson was still with the band. I've seen Roger perform solo many times in the last decade, but haven't seen Supertramp since the early 80's. It should be a fun show and I'm looking forward to it!

Very cool! Do you have a link of tour dates?

Finch Platte
03-31-2011, 08:13 AM
Very cool! Do you have a link of tour dates?

Jeez, dude- it's the Internets. :skep:

http://supertramp.com/

Hyfi
03-31-2011, 08:40 AM

yeah yeah, i found time to look after posting

Only France and Canada, whats up with that?

Jack in Wilmington
03-31-2011, 08:57 AM
That's alright Hyfi, we got Peter Gabriel coming to Philly and he's only coming to a select few cities.

ForeverAutumn
03-31-2011, 09:18 AM
Gabriel is coming here too. I thought about going but the same seats that we got for Supertramp are double the price for Gabriel. He's not worth $200 a seat IMO.

bobsticks
03-31-2011, 09:27 AM
On purpose? Did you lose a bet?!

I should shut up...my own upcoming plans would not be considered "cool" by the membership at large...http://broadripple411.com/tag/sade-and-john-legend-indianapolis-concert/

...and I hope y'all enjoy the show :p

Luvin Da Blues
03-31-2011, 09:31 AM

I should shut up...my own upcoming plans would not be considered "cool" by the membership at large...http://broadripple411.com/tag/sade-and-john-legend-indianapolis-concert/

WTF, from your link "This is a return to the big stage for 80′s star as Sade has booked shows all over North America and Canada." Did you guys kick us out of NA without telling us? LOL

ForeverAutumn
03-31-2011, 10:41 AM
WTF, from your link "This is a return to the big stage for 80′s star as Sade has booked shows all over North America and Canada." Did you guys kick us out of NA without telling us? LOL

Maybe they meant to say North America and Quebec. :p

GMichael
03-31-2011, 10:43 AM
You get double billing.:thumbsup:

Swish
03-31-2011, 11:16 AM
yeah yeah, i found time to look after posting

Only France and Canada, whats up with that?

No decent country would pay to see the likes of that washed up band. :hand:

Swish
03-31-2011, 11:17 AM

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

ForeverAutumn
03-31-2011, 11:18 AM

:prrr: :prrr: :prrr: :prrr:

Jack in Wilmington
03-31-2011, 12:44 PM
Gabriel is coming here too. I thought about going but the same seats that we got for Supertramp are double the price for Gabriel. He's not worth $200 a seat IMO.

That's highway robbery. Our Peter Gabriel tickets range from $58 to $85. I wouldn't pay $200 to see him either. Of course I wouldn't pay $100 to see Supertramp either. Sorry.

Swish
03-31-2011, 12:50 PM
That's highway robbery. Our Peter Gabriel tickets range from $58 to $85. I wouldn't pay $200 to see him either. Of course I wouldn't pay $100 to see Supertramp either. Sorry.

Heck, in my mind, there's NO band worth paying $200 to see, unless John and George came back to life.

When I recall that I paid all of $15 to see the Decemberists on a Saturday night, and they're actually a current/happening band. $100 for Supertramp? Yikes!

Luvin Da Blues
03-31-2011, 12:56 PM
Maybe they meant to say North America and Quebec. :p

..and that would make perfect sense. LOL.

They are playing in Kelowna also, might go see them just for sh!ts and giggles. I had seen them in their heyday and still say they had one of the cleanest live sound reinforcement systems I've heard.

I love "Put on your old brown shoes" from .....Famous Last Words. Great pop song.

bobsticks
03-31-2011, 12:57 PM

Nah, y'all are our peeps...we don't hear enough about y'all sneakin' across the border for free healthcare so it's easy to forget you're up there...like a recently departed cousin...btw, thanks for the lumber and the oil fam...

bobsticks
03-31-2011, 12:58 PM

Greenies for you! :biggrin5: :biggrin5:

ForeverAutumn
03-31-2011, 01:27 PM
Heck, in my mind, there's NO band worth paying $200 to see, unless John and George came back to life.

When I recall that I paid all of $15 to see the Decemberists on a Saturday night, and they're actually a current/happening band. $100 for Supertramp? Yikes!

Yeah, yeah, yeah. And when you were a kid bread was five cents a loaf. We get it. ;)

Not that I have to justify my actions to you but...I had to think hard about spending that kind of dough to see Supertramp, but we don't go to a lot of concerts anymore so I don't mind spending some hard-earned cash to go to a stadium show every now and then. It's a night's entertainment for us. I pay that much to go to the theatre, so why not a concert if I know I'm going to enjoy the evening.

I could get cheaper tickets, but I'm past the stage of sitting in the nosebleeds and watching the concert on a screen. I can afford it, so WTF. Ya know?

But I do have to draw the line at $200 for Peter Gabriel. If he rejoined Genesis and they went out on a Lamb tour then I might consider it. But not for him solo.

dean_martin
03-31-2011, 02:16 PM
. . .and, the opening of "Give a Little Bit" is fun and easy to play on guitar.

Finch Platte
03-31-2011, 03:19 PM
. . .and, the opening of "Give a Little Bit" is fun and easy to play on guitar.

Well, there ya go.

SlumpBuster
03-31-2011, 07:46 PM

A. I love Broadripple. B. Sade and Legend?! That's some sexual dynamite right there. People gonna be gettin' laid. If you ask a girl out and take her to a Sade/Legend double bill for your first date, she's gonna slap you in the face.

Luvin Da Blues
04-01-2011, 11:38 AM
Nah, y'all are our peeps...we don't hear enough about y'all sneakin' across the border for free healthcare so it's easy to forget you're up there...like a recently departed cousin...btw, thanks for the lumber and the oil fam...

Aw geez, thanks M, now I'm feelin' all warm and fuzzy. The wood ya can keep, but can we get some of dat oil back for awhile???