The guitars are bigger than the guitar players! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : The guitars are bigger than the guitar players!

ForeverAutumn
03-29-2011, 04:14 PM
Give it a few seconds for the video to come in. The music starts first.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/yE7waNi5dc0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Robert-The-Rambler
03-29-2011, 07:05 PM
Reminds me the funny seen in Anchorman when unexpectedly the guys start singing Afternoon Delight. It is surprising to see kids playing so well. They look kind of like a bunch of miniature guitar playing Budhas. Hey kids get off your asses and learn how to play the real guitar like these little kids. Stand up for America!!!! Guitar Hero is nonsense!!! My guess is in America it would be hard to find a bunch of kids that young who were not ADHD who could perform like that. I'm impressed.

noddin0ff
03-30-2011, 06:15 AM
Very cute. But, I also find it kind of sad. That's way too much perfection for that many little kids. Perhaps, I'm using American kid's (my own included) as a frame of reference. I can't see how any kid would enjoy practicing that much. Can it possibly be good for their fingers? I'll stop grumping now.

Swish
03-30-2011, 08:00 AM
Very cute. But, I also find it kind of sad. That's way too much perfection for that many little kids. Perhaps, I'm using American kid's (my own included) as a frame of reference. I can't see how any kid would enjoy practicing that much. Can it possibly be good for their fingers? I'll stop grumping now.

... are a little more difficult to handle with such small hands, although the nylon strings are much easier on them.

I, too, have a problem with so much perfection in little kids. Like the parents who teach kids to speak a second language when they're very young or have them training for something that they might now even enjoy. Remember Todd Marinovich?

His dad, a former NFL player as I remember it, was "raised by a demanding, insane father, who had him lifting weights before he could walk, determined to create the perfect athlete, regardless of what toll it took on his son's personal life. He failed miserably in the NFL and his problems with drugs including heroine, legal issues, and genuine aloofness are the only things left of his legacy as a football player. The accepted notion was that Todd just stopped caring about himself long before the Raiders ever made him the 24th pick in the draft. A stoner since high school, Marinovich discovered early on that weed was the one thing that made his life tolerable."

I remember reading an article when Todd was still 'training' and his dad raised free-range chickens and the like. I'm sure that's a good thing, but obsession, obviously, is not.

nobody
03-30-2011, 08:05 AM
Actually, learning to speak a second language is best done when kids are very young. It is far easier for them to pick up at that age and it often sticks with them longer. Waiting until kids get older to start teaching them other languages just makes it a lot more difficult. Adults are the worst foreign language students.