Another one bites the dust [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Another one bites the dust

pixelthis
03-28-2011, 02:27 PM
Kinkade TV has been around forever. I got my first serious stereo there(YAMAHA AMP,
Genesis speakers), my first TV (19" Magnavox, a real MAGNAVOX) , vcr (RCA),
you name it. Some of the HT's they sold were in the multigrand cstegory.
THEY recently moved, built a nice store with alcoves for different systems, but my
Spidey sense told me they were in trouble.
Went by today, a big for rent sign and next to it a piece of notebook paper, with "closed"
written in pencil.
A SAD END to yet another B&M that served a community for decades.
I know its progress, but the only thing left is BEST BUY and maybe SEARS.
part of the fun of this hobby is hanging out with people you know at the local "store",
there used to be several. I don't think there are any TV stores left in town,
only a few, anyway.
No more windowshopping at Kinkades. Our last record store(OZ music) is probably not far behind. And this is a college town.:1:

Smokey
03-28-2011, 06:57 PM

Sears used to carry good selection of audio components including A/V receivers and speakers. But looks like they gave that department up to compete more effectively with BestBuy (and Walmart) in TV department.

Sears also seem to have better sales on TV than the other two guys. But watch out for their 15% restocking fee.

pixelthis
03-29-2011, 02:02 PM
Sears used to carry good selection of audio components including A/V receivers and speakers. But looks like they gave that department up to compete more effectively with BestBuy (and Walmart) in TV department.

Sears also seem to have better sales on TV than the other two guys. But watch out for their 15% restocking fee.

btw went by Sears and they were completely redoing their electronics dept, I guess thats what you are talking about. ALLL tv in one section, all games in another, three small rowsof the usual clutter(cables, mounts, racks, DVD players, etc.
Not even BEST has that much in the audio dept except Magnolia.:1:

Worf101
03-30-2011, 04:56 AM
Kinkade TV has been around forever. I got my first serious stereo there(YAMAHA AMP,
Genesis speakers), my first TV (19" Magnavox, a real MAGNAVOX) , vcr (RCA),
you name it. Some of the HT's they sold were in the multigrand cstegory.
THEY recently moved, built a nice store with alcoves for different systems, but my
Spidey sense told me they were in trouble.
Went by today, a big for rent sign and next to it a piece of notebook paper, with "closed"
written in pencil.
A SAD END to yet another B&M that served a community for decades.
part of the fun of this hobby is hanging out with people you know at the local "store",
there used to be several. I don't think there are any TV stores left in town,
only a few, anyway.
No more windowshopping at Kinkades. Our last record store(OZ music) is probably not far behind. And this is a college town.:1:
I tried to give you some green love for this one. I know the story all to well. Thanks for sharing.

Worf