Adam, the issue continues [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Adam, the issue continues

Sir Terrence the Terrible
03-26-2011, 07:27 AM
Adam, I have a couple of scenarios for you. On my main computer, I cannot get on the site. When I block my IP address, I can. When I don't, I cannot. If this is not a IP block, what could it be?

I would like to start participating again, but this issue with my computer makes that a pretty cumbersome thing. Blocking my IP address causes other problems, like log in stability.

Smokey
03-26-2011, 12:05 PM
Same here. It keep logging me off and have to log in again.

Mr Peabody
03-26-2011, 01:28 PM
I haven't had any issues like this. I know you all are competent computer users but could it be that something is deleting the cookies that allow the site to recognize you when you come back. I don't think this would be Sir T's issue but it might for staying logged in.

dakatabg
03-26-2011, 04:40 PM
No issues for me either.

Smokey
03-26-2011, 08:31 PM
I haven't had any issues like this. I know you all are competent computer users but could it be that something is deleting the cookies that allow the site to recognize you when you come back.

Turning on the cookies seem to help, but I don't like surfing with cookies on.

04-01-2011, 02:29 PM
Still no response.....very very very disappointed.......

bobsticks
04-01-2011, 02:44 PM
Terrence, are you by chance using Internet Explorer?

04-04-2011, 12:55 PM
Terrence, are you by chance using Internet Explorer?

I am using Chrome on all of my computers. I tried using Explorer, but to no avail, the problem persists with just that one computer. When I hide my IP address, I can get on the site, but it also logs me out with every click I make. When I just try and log on without hiding my IP, it won't let me on at all.

This is a IP address issue plain and simple, and I would like to know why it only effects one computer in the same house, but none of the others.

atomicAdam
04-05-2011, 12:29 PM
I am using Chrome on all of my computers. I tried using Explorer, but to no avail, the problem persists with just that one computer. When I hide my IP address, I can get on the site, but it also logs me out with every click I make. When I just try and log on without hiding my IP, it won't let me on at all.

This is a IP address issue plain and simple, and I would like to know why it only effects one computer in the same house, but none of the others.

STtT - We have had similar issues from other folks around the Bay Area but we aren't sure what it is. I'm sorry it is happening.

It can't be an IP address issue because unless each of your machines inside your house has an outside and static IP - than what the outside world sees is 1 IP and your router does all the rest.

I'll bug IT on this more but last time I talked to them they were stumped. Sorry.

-adam