Marantz processor w/msrp $1499.00 [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Marantz processor w/msrp $1499.00

Mr Peabody
03-24-2011, 07:56 PM
Hey, did you guys see this? AV7005 with MSRP of $1499.00 fully loaded with features
http://us.marantz.com/us/Products/Pages/ProductDetails.aspx?CatId=AVSeparates&ProductId=AV7005

Feanor
03-25-2011, 06:30 AM
Hey, did you guys see this? AV7005 with MSRP of $1499.00 fully loaded with features
http://us.marantz.com/us/Products/Pages/ProductDetails.aspx?CatId=AVSeparates&ProductId=AV7005
Pretty darn nice, I'd say. I like the full set of balanced XLR outputs. Thissets it apart from, say, the Emotiva UMC-1.

If I were ever to go to new, upgrade HT setup, (not imminent), I'd want 7.1 active speakers all 'round; in that case balanced ICs are called for on account of the long cable runs.

BadAssJazz
03-25-2011, 12:17 PM

Yep, saw it. Mentioned it in another thread. Just a matter of time before I add a Marantz or Rotel processor to my set up. But first, let me do my taxes and figure out what I owe Uncle Sam.

DrMarkS
04-13-2011, 06:46 AM
I bought this and have it paired with a simaudio Aurora amp. I would recommend this as a great buy.

BadAssJazz
04-13-2011, 08:36 AM
Someone is unloading a barely used AV7005 on eBay this very minute for about $1,100. Tempting. Very tempting. I don't need it, but do I want it?

There is also an ongoing auction for an Onkyo SC886 for around $700. Pretty soon everyone will have a separates set up at this rate.

TheHills44060
04-13-2011, 08:52 AM
I was into HT I would definitely consider Marantz gear. Nice looking processor.

Mingus
04-14-2011, 03:50 PM
Wow! great unit and loaded with features. If I was looking to replace my AV receiver I would consider getting something like this and do separates.

Worf101
04-15-2011, 04:51 AM
And it's a big "if", there were some new audio format or feature I HAD to have then I'd be looking at this pair of Marantz seperates very closely. Onkyo has a similar pairing but they're not on sale here, at least not yet. Yeah, you could do worse.

Worf

Tarheel_
04-15-2011, 05:13 AM
For years I've been dying to go full separates and hopefully hear what all the fuss is about. I'm halfway with a separate Anthem PV7 amp and an older HK avr.

This Marantz is incredible...a true bang for the buck type of gear. Crutchfield sells this processor with a great return policy.

Mr Peabody
04-15-2011, 04:22 PM
Looks like Yamaha may be coming on strong in this arena as well. http://usa.yamaha.com/products/audio-visual/aventage/ I saw some BDP's but if they have separates I missed them.

BadAssJazz
04-15-2011, 04:56 PM
Looks like Yamaha may be coming on strong in this arena as well. http://usa.yamaha.com/products/audio-visual/aventage/ I saw some BDP's but if they have separates I missed them.

I thought I saw amplifiers (2-channel only) on the Yamaha website. but aside from home theater network receivers, nothing really for the separates crowd HT-wise.

It's really starting to look like the right time to go for home theater separates. 3D notwithstanding, have we finally reached that proverbial technology plateau in home theater??? Please tell me we have and that there isn't any next gen stuff in the works that would make today's processors completely obsolete in a year.

Woochifer
04-15-2011, 05:55 PM
I thought I saw amplifiers (2-channel only) on the Yamaha website. but aside from home theater network receivers, nothing really for the separates crowd HT-wise.

It's really starting to look like the right time to go for home theater separates. 3D notwithstanding, have we finally reached that proverbial technology plateau in home theater??? Please tell me we have and that there isn't any next gen stuff in the works that would make today's processors completely obsolete in a year.

As much as the pundits try to convince you otherwise, there's nothing out there that will make a current processor obsolete within a year. There will always be new features. Feature creep is just the nature of the home theater biz.

But, I draw the line between features and standards. New features get added all the time. Most of these I would regard as nice to have but not necessary. Others I would regard as crapulence, whose sole purpose is to add another checkbox to the list.

OTOH, standards are the widely adopted formats. Those do not change quickly, and in fact, most of them stick around for a long time. I would argue that a receiver that only supports PCM, Dolby Digital, and DTS is not obsolete. Why? Because those formats remain standards with broadcast HDTV AND remain a mandatory part of the Blu-ray standard.

Unless there's a new widely adopted AV format coming up that does not support those legacy audio formats, then we're not talking about obsolescence.

isaaca
05-14-2011, 09:39 AM
Me love the mdax feature!!

N. Abstentia
05-27-2011, 02:00 PM
Nice processor for sure. Outlaw has been selling that one for $1499 for a while now (maybe a year or so) since they can't get their own off the line.

My only problem is...not enough HDMI inputs for me. Probably plenty for most folks though :)

Mr Peabody
05-27-2011, 05:26 PM
N. Abstensia, good to see you. I haven't heard much about Outlaw in a long time. They started out with the Onkyo processor, I didn't realize they switched to Marantz or this unit was around that long.

StephenMH
05-30-2011, 12:18 PM
Hello All, OutLaw have been promoting the Marantz AV7005 since the preamp been on it way out for sale last year. I've been keeping my eye on it from the beginning.