Hello All! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Hello All!

knobspinner
03-24-2011, 01:37 PM
Well, I made my first post on your very nice forum to help someone with a problem so I had better introduce myself. My name is Jim and I love music and the equipment to listen to it with.

I started in audio 50 years ago when I was 10 and my parents bought a Philco Stereo they couldn't figure out how to make work. So I figured it out and have been doing it since. I took the little 3inch speakers out of an intercom system we had in our house and wired up a surround sound system in my bedroom when I was 13 yrs old. Got my first kiss listening to that system. the source was FM stereo, cutting edge at the time.

I ended up as a radio tech for United airlines in the 70s, a journeyman electrician in the 80s, and a Controls and Software engineer for an industrial robotics design firm in the 90s.

My main system at home is Audio-Research vacuum tube electronics and Magnepan MMG speakers. I also have a complete midi based recording studio with Dunlavy studio monitors and Yamaha PA speakers for mixdown.

I look foward to meeting and learning from all of you and hopefully contributing here.

Thanks for inviting me.
PS
I love classical, classic rock, piano jazz, country western, folk, bluegrass, country swing. and a little big band too.

Mr Peabody
03-24-2011, 05:05 PM
Welcome and glad to have you with us.

badhabit67
03-24-2011, 05:20 PM
Good to have you aboard Jim,Welcome.

knobspinner
03-24-2011, 05:38 PM
Thank You!

dakatabg
03-24-2011, 05:45 PM
Welcome here

JoeE SP9
03-24-2011, 07:53 PM
Welcome aboard!!!

Hyfi
03-25-2011, 04:04 AM
Hello and welcome. I used to love those old 6 foot tall Dunlavy speakers back in the 80s.