Another Classic [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Another Classic

MasterCylinder
03-23-2011, 03:38 AM
Still in the mode of my 70s classics : This morning on the way in to work............
Trower's BRIDGE OF SIGHS (1974).
Opens with DAY OF THE EAGLE and rocks your ass..............then the rest of the album is a bluesy depression...........think I'll wash down my Quaalude and Valium with some nice Crown Royal.

Hyfi
03-23-2011, 04:42 AM
Still in the mode of my 70s classics : This morning on the way in to work............
Trower's BRIDGE OF SIGHS (1974).
Opens with DAY OF THE EAGLE and rocks your ass..............then the rest of the album is a bluesy depression...........think I'll wash down my Quaalude and Valium with some nice Crown Royal.

Love it! I have an old comp I think Chip made that is a 2 disk set of Trower he called Bridges in the Mist which covers several albums.

Trower is playing at a local bar/club near me in the coming months but it's one of those standing only for $45 and I don't think I'll do it but would love to catch him in a real venue.

bobsticks
03-23-2011, 05:29 AM
...........think I'll wash down my Quaalude and Valium with some nice Crown Royal.

...long considered "The Breakfast of Champions"...

richmon
03-23-2011, 09:21 AM
That stone just keeps on rolling
Bringing me some real bad news
The takers get the honey
Givers sing the blues

dean_martin
03-23-2011, 12:35 PM
...long considered "The Breakfast of Champions"...
I'd substitute this for that Canadian stuff. This actually tastes like Grape Nuts cereal. (Add an Arturo Fuente Hemingway Shorty Story for the creamy buttered toast flavor then you have a complete breakfast.)

3LB
03-23-2011, 04:38 PM
Bridge Of Sighs is a great atmospheric album and the title track is one of a freakin kind. He never really nailed it like that again after this, but his first two albums are must have IMO.