Akai AP- 207 Turntable [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Akai AP- 207 Turntable

badhabit67
03-17-2011, 07:35 AM
Hey All: I need some Help!!!

Found this table here in town, but don't know a thing about it. The owner says its a great table,but I'd say that to if I was selling it. I've found good reviews online,and some pictures of it,and its a nice looking unit. The owner said he replaced the cartridge back in Dec. with a A-T 440mla,good cart. It's full auto,he says everything works,with out any problems. Has anyone owned,or herd,and seen this table in action. I really don't have a clue what it's value is. His asking price is $275,and to me that seems on the high side. I don't know for sure.
Any thoughts on value,and quality,,will be appreciated.
Thanks.

JoeE SP9
03-17-2011, 09:22 AM
That's way too much for that TT.

badhabit67
03-17-2011, 04:00 PM
That's way too much for that TT.

That was my conclusion also. I just came from looking at it. Nice, but not that nice.
I didn't want to make him mad, so I didn't make any offer. But in my mind I wouldn't have given but $100 for it. And would have had to think long about that.

I only gave $135 for my SL-1600,and that one is not in the same league...

02audionoob
03-17-2011, 04:15 PM
The seller is probably factoring in that new cartridge. That alone would be worth $100 if it's truly almost new and assuming you wanted the AT.

badhabit67
03-17-2011, 05:11 PM
The seller is probably factoring in that new cartridge. That alone would be worth $100 if it's truly almost new and assuming you wanted the AT.

Yeah,thats true about the cart.he showed me the receipt,$112.00,bought after x-mas.
But with him starting so high,I knew we would not come to a consensus on price.