Image Host??? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Image Host???

badhabit67
03-11-2011, 08:46 AM
Hey All:
How many of you use a image host for your pictures? Seems my pic's are to large to post here. I take pictures of my vintage gear,a lot of before and after shots,real close-up,for detail,and this site say's there to many KB to upload.:(

So if you use a host,which one,and do you have that problem with them?

Thanks for any,and all info,in advance...

JohnMichael
03-11-2011, 09:31 AM
Hey All:
How many of you use a image host for your pictures? Seems my pic's are to large to post here. I take pictures of my vintage gear,a lot of before and after shots,real close-up,for detail,and this site say's there to many KB to upload.:(

So if you use a host,which one,and do you have that problem with them?

Thanks for any,and all info,in advance...

If you edit the size of the images to a smaller file size and save the smaller image. Then you can download the images.

badhabit67
03-11-2011, 09:57 AM
OK,
all I need to do is download software to resize my pic's, I don't need a image host then. Will I be able to post pic's that will stay open,or will they be in thumbnail,were you have to click on them to open? Bare with me, I'm a 60 year old dog,trying to learn new tricks.

dakatabg
03-11-2011, 10:25 AM
I use a picture host because it is a lot easier to post, I don't have to resize the pictures and I can post big pictures!

You can use photobucket, imageshack, tinypic and there are many more! It is all up to you!

bobsticks
03-11-2011, 10:56 AM
OK,
all I need to do is download software to resize my pic's, I don't need a image host then. Will I be able to post pic's that will stay open,or will they be in thumbnail,were you have to click on them to open? Bare with me, I'm a 60 year old dog,trying to learn new tricks.

You probably don't even need to download any software if'n you're using a PC machine. Right click on the picture in question and scroll down to "Open With". Then select Windows Paint. That should give you the ability to resize/edit your pictures while retaining both the original and updated versions.

badhabit67
03-11-2011, 11:03 AM
Thanks bobsticks,I'll check that out..

Feanor
03-11-2011, 12:52 PM
OK,
An excellent, easy to use image viewer, tweaker, and format converted is IrfanView. This not a full image editor like Photoshop, but easily crops and rotates photo, and does other, useful things. It's completely free ... find it HERE (http://www.irfanview.com/).
I'm 66 myself, BTW. We can still do it all, it's just a matter of motivation. :20:

badhabit67
03-12-2011, 06:06 AM
I use a picture host because it is a lot easier to post, I don't have to resize the pictures and I can post big pictures!

You can use photobucket, imageshack, tinypic and there are many more! It is all up to you!

OK, I've been reading up on these different host's,which one is the easiest to use.
Let's say I use photobucket,what steps do I take to attach my pic on the attach/manage picture page here?

Thanks

02audionoob
03-12-2011, 07:40 AM
I post mine at Flickr.com. It makes 4 different sizes from one photo. I then right-click the size I want and grab the photo's url and paste it in here with the image icon...the one that looks like mountains.

dakatabg
03-12-2011, 09:22 AM
I use

http://tinypic.com/

You select the picture, you chose the size you want and when it is uploaded on the server, you pick the second row for forums, copy and past it here and you are done! Very easy!

badhabit67
03-12-2011, 10:32 AM
dakatabg

I decided on picturetrail,vary easy,ya know its gotta be I figured it out.....:9:

dakatabg
03-12-2011, 10:36 AM
dakatabg

I decided on picturetrail,vary easy,ya know its gotta be I figured it out.....:9:

very good :thumbsup: