Hockey talk - Chara vs. Pacioretty [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Hockey talk - Chara vs. Pacioretty

ForeverAutumn
03-10-2011, 12:43 PM
A criminal investigation has been opened on Zdeno Chara's hit on Max Pacioretty.

After the league stated that they would not impose any suspension or punishment for the hit, Air Canada threatened to pull out as a league sponsor and the Montreal police officially opened an investigation.

Here's the video. Clean check or intent to injure? Even if it was a clean check and just bad luck that it was in front of the divider, should the league be harsher when severe injuries are involved?

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/tF1Ang3DLEQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Personally, I think he's to blame. I don't think that he meant to hurt Pacioretty, but he should have tried to pull away from that check as the puck was long gone.

bobsticks
03-10-2011, 01:07 PM
It was a bad hit, plain and simple...and it resulted in injury...so there should be some form of punishment. I say that as a fan of big Zee but big Zee done effed up and while he may not have intended to hurt Pacioretty any player with his much experience should know that there are consequences.

Having watched the play from a couple angles it's clear that the puck was well down the ice and Chara's d-partner (it wasn't Seidenberg, maybe Boychuck?) was aboot 3 nanoseconds from gaining the control of the play. Chara was obligated to release contact.

Now, as for the threatened Police involvement or corporate boycott, the Mountees and Air Canada need to shove it up their collective arse.

ForeverAutumn
03-10-2011, 01:40 PM
Now, as for the threatened Police involvement or corporate boycott, the Mountees and Air Canada need to shove it up their collective arse.

I don't think either of these things would have happened if the league had done their job.

3LB
03-10-2011, 02:41 PM
Zdeno Chara's hit on Max Pacioretty.
saw it on ESPN

After the league stated that they would not impose any suspension or punishment for the hit, they musta saw what mini-Max did to Chara earlier (he pushe Chara in the back as if to say "get outta my way" after Max had just scored a goal i.e. 'showing him up'. I'll bet Pacioretty wished he hadn't done that.

Personally, I think he's to blame. I don't think that he meant to hurt Pacioretty yes he did; it was totally retalliatory
but hey, that's hockey. I liked it. If there was more goonism in hockey, I'd watch it. You take away the violent nature of hockey and waddiya got? - ice soccer

as for the authorities getting involved - they're just looking for some face time, the hosers

kexodusc
03-10-2011, 03:41 PM
I thought the punishment fit the crime. 5 and a game. It was interference, the kind d-men get called for every game or so along the full boards. It was an accident, wasn't blatant intent to injure, if he wanted to hurt him he could have killed him. It's unfortunate MaxPac got injured but that's part of the game.

Once a year a guy gets hit into the stanchion or into the open doors on the bench and gets injured pretty bad. But it's not suspension worthy.

I also think just about any other city outside of Toronto and it wouldn't be half the story it's become. But it's Montreal where they love to sensationalize, vs Boston, their biggest rival.

The stuff Matt Cooke and Steve Downie do is a hundred times worse and they don't draw near the attention.

Non issue here, and it'll blow over in a week or two.