American Idiot: The play [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : American Idiot: The play

ForeverAutumn
03-08-2011, 10:58 AM
I am so excited! I have been dying to see this play currently on Broadway. I even looked into planning a weekend in NYC just for the purpose of going to this show, but the hotel rates were outrageous and I had to scrap the idea.

I found out last night that it’s coming to town next January…and my Mom has a friend who could get me tickets before they go on sale to the public!!!! So, I just ordered tickets (with the help of Mom’s friend). I know it’s still 10 months away, but I can’t wait!

:D

Mr MidFi
03-09-2011, 06:41 AM
I am so excited! I have been dying to see this play currently on Broadway. I even looked into planning a weekend in NYC just for the purpose of going to this show, but the hotel rates were outrageous and I had to scrap the idea.

I found out last night that it’s coming to town next January…and my Mom has a friend who could get me tickets before they go on sale to the public!!!! So, I just ordered tickets (with the help of Mom’s friend). I know it’s still 10 months away, but I can’t wait!

:D

I might look into this myself, FA. My wife & daughter would love nothing better than to see this show, and none of us has ever been to TO (except connecting @ YYZ). Thanks for the tip!

ForeverAutumn
03-09-2011, 08:09 AM
Be sure to let me know if you come. I'd love to meet you and buy you a beer or two. The theatre is mid-town (kind of a drag that it's not downtown if you're coming from out of town) and only 15 minutes from my house and 1 block from my office. It's playing from Dec. 28 - Jan. 15.

There is a hotel within walking distance of the theatre. PM me if you want more info.

Jack in Wilmington
03-09-2011, 05:33 PM
FA to bad you decided against going to NY for the show. I could have gotten you tickets. Turns out my company has a connection and they had 2 seats for the Sat matinee on March 5th and 2 other seats for a matinee in April. Turned out that the people at work who like Green Day don't go to the theater and the people who go to the theater don't like Green Day. So the tickets never got used for last week. Or at least that's what the notice said in the cafeteria. Enjoy them in Toronto.

ForeverAutumn
03-09-2011, 06:20 PM
Hey Jack! That would have been great. Too bad I didn't know about the April tickets. That might have made a difference. If we're not buying tickets it frees up some cash for the hotel.

But what's wrong with the people that you work with? Tell those Green Day fans that they should expand their horizons a bit. It's free! What do they have to lose? I have the Broadway soundtrack and it's pretty true to the original CD.

So why aren't you going? :wink5:

Jack in Wilmington
03-10-2011, 09:26 AM
Oh these guys complain when their wives try to drag them to NY at Christmas time to see the tree at Rockefeller Center. It's hard to get them out of New Jersey. They can even take the train into the city and not have to drive. It doesn't get any easier than that.