New setup, No sound! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : New setup, No sound!

KlitCMDR
03-06-2011, 09:41 PM
I have recently put together a new system, 2 Bose Panaray series 402 speakers with a 2100W peak amp and connected them with speakon 50ft cables, and Nothing... No buzzing, no output whatsoever. My input was an ipod connected with a headphone/xlr adapter.

Feanor
03-07-2011, 04:42 AM
I have recently put together a new system, 2 Bose Panaray series 402 speakers with a 2100W peak amp and connected them with speakon 50ft cables, and Nothing... No buzzing, no output whatsoever. My input was an ipod connected with a headphone/xlr adapter.
Have you tested speakers with a different amp? Have tested the amp with different speakers? Have you tried other sources than your iPod?

It's helpful to know which component is actually misbehaving.

Woochifer
03-07-2011, 01:52 PM
Might sound stupid, but does the amp have a speaker selector switch that you've neglected to turn on?

KlitCMDR
03-08-2011, 03:22 PM
Nope, no selector switch, its a very basic amp (NEW TECHNICAL PRO LZ 2100 WATT DJ POWER AMPLIFIER AMP) I bought it because it appeared to have almost the exact same output of the Bose 1600 that was discontinued, which is recommended for the speakers I have.

I have not tested the amp or the speakers with other gear, there is not too much laying around, I am on a ship. I have also not tried anything besides the ipod yet, but i am getting a good signal indication form the controller/eq I'm using and good deflection on the amp led's, so i believe the audio signal is present at least into the amplifier.

pixelthis
03-09-2011, 02:55 PM
could be power problems, but more likely that EQ won't send the signal to the amp properly,
but thts is just a guess.
BEST bet is a switch somewhere on the amp, or a fuse. Your signal is getting far enough to trigger the display, but the amps are cold, but again thats just a guess. FEW ON THIS BOARD have had any experience with your stuff, especially the Bose equipment, most
HT fans (MYSELF INCLUDED) HATING bose with a passion.
And the problems you are having is one example of why. Sorry. TRY RUNNING something else through, and when you do find out something, let us know. A fascinating (if frustrating)
problem.:1:

JoeE SP9
03-09-2011, 03:07 PM
Some of us don't "hate" Bose". I just dislike Bose products immensely.

According to some folks who have actually tested that Technical Pro amp it puts out around 120WPC.

Nasir
03-23-2011, 02:36 PM
I had a quick look at Bose specs and it has the NL4 connectors. Then i googled the NL4 connectors and it seems that not all NL4 connectors are wired equal or the same way!!
I would suspect the wiring of the speaker to amplifier. Firstly, I would switch all inputs to the amp off. Then only turn on the amp and SLOWLY turn the volume all the way to maximum: one should hear some sort of humming and or crackle indicating that the amp is putting out something into the speakers. If you do NOT hear anything at all, one may safely conclude that the wiring is incorrect, because the odds have to be pretty much staked against you, to have either both speakers or both amp outputs blown!!
Maybe you can post some pics?

knobspinner
03-24-2011, 01:08 PM
I did some investigation on your amp and it seems to have some kind of lock to turn off the output, according to the info I found online. I bet this is your problem. Either that or the speakon connectors are wired incorrectly for your speakers. Look closely at your owners manual.

(My first post)