How much can you cover in 3hrs? A lot. [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : How much can you cover in 3hrs? A lot.

atomicAdam
03-04-2011, 02:44 PM
Just finished up a 3hr listening session. Friend and I covered the Glow with the Zu Omen Defs, the Mystere with the Zu Omen Defs, the Mystere with the Brodmann FS, the Brodmann with the Electrocompaniet, the DNM HFTN XLR cables vs. standard cables, the RME through the Electrocompaniet PI-2 vs. the Electrocompaniet PC-1, and the RME Babyface with the little PSI active monitors.

Vinyl, CD, digital and great tunes!

1st) Glow & Zu Omen Defs & Rega P3
2nd) Mystere & Zu Omen Defs & Rega P3
3rd) Mystere & Brodmann FS & Rega P3
4th) Brodmann FS & Electrocompaniet & Rega P3
5th) Brodmann FS & Electrocompaniet & Electrocompaniet & Electrocompaniet XLR
6th) Brodmann FS & Electrocompaniet & Electrocompaniet & DNM HFTN XLR
7th) Brodmann FS & Electrocompaniet & RME Babyface & DNM HFTN XLR
8th) same as above but RME USB DAC vs. Electrocompaniet PC-1 CDP
9th) PSI active monitors and RME USB DAC

Covered a lot of ground today and hear a lot of interesting parings.

Each had their own good traits, and each had something that wasn't quiet right. I'll write up more later.

JohnMichael
03-04-2011, 08:47 PM
I am really enjoying the DNM Reson IC's from Marantz SA8001 ot Krell S-300i. Good stuff

swan24
03-08-2011, 06:00 PM
It's certainly a testament to good equipment when you can listen critically to good music for so long... (m.)

Feanor
03-09-2011, 06:33 AM
"How well" might be the more relevant question than, "how much".

atomicAdam
03-09-2011, 07:53 AM
I think in this case it was a how much. Because we pretty much went a song or two and changed. It was a fast listening session, one to get primary impressions of the music. We spent more time with some gear than others and did switching back and forth.

Feanor
03-09-2011, 10:30 AM
I think in this case it was a how much. Because we pretty much went a song or two and changed. It was a fast listening session, one to get primary impressions of the music. We spent more time with some gear than others and did switching back and forth.
I certainly envy you all that nice equipment to listen to! :23: