Forum outages .... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Forum outages ....

atomicAdam
03-01-2011, 05:41 PM
Hi Folks -

Sorry for the forum outages. we are aware they are becoming a bit more frequent of late and our doing our best to update to the latest version of vB. Should be about a month or less away.

Please forgive us during this time. When the forums do kick our IT guy is paged and we should have them back up w/in 10min or less.

Thanks,
-adam

bobsticks
03-02-2011, 07:28 AM
Thanks for the clarification Adam...there has been some goofing stuff happening 'round these parts lately. Shedding some light on the whole vB issue makes it easier for those of us of the simple variety to comprehend.

GMichael
03-02-2011, 10:20 AM
Thanks for the clarification Adam...there has been some goofing stuff happening 'round these parts lately. Shedding some light on the whole vB issue makes it easier for those of us of the simple variety to comprehend.

What's that got to do with you?

Thanks for the thread Adam. I thought I was Lost.

bobsticks
03-02-2011, 10:42 AM
My complexities are a facade...:D

atomicAdam
03-02-2011, 10:52 AM
I could go into a lot more info on why this is happening - but I also don't want to give too much away in case someone tried to use it against the forums.

We have an up and working version of the new vB on golfreview.com (not sure if it is public though) and it is very nice. The biggest problem in the upgrade isn't the transferring of your accounts in information, it how vB is tied into the rest of our sites (the user reviews) and the design. Layouts, templates, colors, etc. I'd personally be OK with a less than seamless transition - I mean - do we really care if the colors of the forums aren't what they used to be for a week or so while they get dialed in - I don't. But....