I'm having an Iron & Wine party at my house. [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : I'm having an Iron & Wine party at my house.

Swish
02-24-2011, 12:37 PM
Everyone is invited except tentoze. You can PM with your RSVP and I'll give you all the details.

Thanks,

Swishdaddy

atomicAdam
02-24-2011, 12:41 PM
Everyone is invited except tentoze. You can PM with your RSVP and I'll give you all the details.

Thanks,

Swishdaddy

I'll come if someone pays for the airline tickets.

Finch Platte
02-24-2011, 12:44 PM
I'll come if someone pays for the airline tickets.

I can drive.

ForeverAutumn
02-24-2011, 01:43 PM
I'm in. Your lovely wife owes me a soy cappuccino. Sounds like a good reason to collect. :wink5:

Actually, I ordered the CD today. I needed to add something to my order to get free shipping so I thought, "what the hell, we could use some new coasters".

Davey
02-24-2011, 07:16 PM
Can we bring our own music?

JohnMichael
02-24-2011, 07:19 PM
I would enjoy coming and seeing you and your better half again.

Rae
02-24-2011, 10:02 PM
I get a wine party, but where does the iron come in?

~Rae

tentoze
02-25-2011, 03:28 AM
Smart money says everyone will be asleep by 9.

Stone
02-25-2011, 05:42 AM
I'm assuming the pipe he's smoking from is iron, or at least he thinks it is.

Swish
02-25-2011, 08:53 AM
I get a wine party, but where does the iron come in?

~Rae

My weights could use a workout.

3LB
02-25-2011, 09:13 AM
do we have to wear big bushy fake beards and cover-alls?

Slosh
02-25-2011, 03:35 PM
Has anyone else heard the Walking Far From Home CD single that was released late last year? If not click me (http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2956428/Walking%20Far%20From%20Home.zip). The title track is the same as the album version but the other two songs could have been easily sequenced into Kiss Each Other Clean. I listened to this album more than any other so far in this young year and there has been some other pretty great albums released already. Me thinks nothing is gonna come along and knock Kiss Each Other Clean from my #1 of 2011 but we'll see.

ForeverAutumn
03-01-2011, 10:43 AM
I'm wrong.

I've never really liked what I've heard from Iron and Wine in the past. A few songs on comps or samplers here and there never did anything for me. I gave a preview of this disk a few quick listens (on NPR I think) and, again, it didn't spin my wheels.

But I've been paying close attention to the raves it's been getting here (from some people). Then I heard Godless Brother In Love on the radio and fell in love with the song. I decided to take the plunge on the CD thinking that even if it was just for Godless Brother In Love, it would be worth it. Well, after a couple of spins I've got to admit that the disk is growing on me. There are a few songs that I still find kind of boring, but I don't hate them and they may grow on me too. Maybe I just need to get my head out of it's usual metal head-banging mode and into a more restful space. Come to think of it, that wouldn't hurt my stress level either. :)

The Mumford and Sons disk arrived in the mail yesterday too. A couple of preliminary spins of that in the office have shown it to also be very promising.