Creed Weathered - I'm always late to the party [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Creed Weathered - I'm always late to the party

Hyfi
02-24-2011, 05:34 AM
So now with my OPPO93 and DLNA, I am actually browsing thru my 200MB of MP3 files and last night found "Weathered" by Creed.

I had heard a few of the more radio pushed tunes but never a whole album or any of the lesser played tracks.

They are labeled as "Post Grunge" and also viewed as Christian Rock even tho they never played a CR show or associated themselves in that way. Many of their songs do have a Spiritual theme without actually sounding Religious which I really like.

I rarely like vocals in music, specially most recent (last 10-15 years) no passion screamers, but I really like Scot Stapp's passionate vocals. He doesn't have the widest of ranges but puts everything into it with a lot of feeling.

Most of the tracks on Weathered have some really beautiful finger picked chords throughout, again showing the feeling, passion, and ability to actually play the instrument. Drums are never the same from track to track and are simple when needed but also have chops thrown in where they work nicely.

Overall, this band's music of 15 years ago blows away new crap that is getting awards today.

I had to listen to this disc at the lowest volume my system can do, and in passive mode so I did not even get the full effect. I will surely crank this one up when I get the chance.

Any Creed fans here? What is it you like about them?

By the way, I'm quite surprised at how MP3s sound when streamed wireless from my PC thru the OPPO to my main system. Way better than playing thru PC to stereo by leaps.

bobsticks
02-24-2011, 05:50 AM
Seriously?

Is this a wind-up?

Hyfi
02-24-2011, 06:02 AM
wind-up?

Huh?

That was Jethro Tull

Finch Platte
02-24-2011, 11:00 AM
Seriously?

Is this a wind-up?

I think Hifi's little kid brother got ahold of his password? :shocked:

3LB
02-25-2011, 09:06 AM
Never been much of a Creed fan actually. Its not that I didn't enjoy some of it, its just that I now lump them into a lot of the post-grunge Pearl Jam/Eddie Vedder clones that permiated the late '90s and beyond, such as Creed, STP, Nippleback, and modern day acts like Daughtry and a few other American Idul finalists. I did like a few of Creeds songs back in the day (as well as STP when they stopped aping PJ) but radio pretty much beat them into the ground. Back when MTV actually showed videos, Creeds 'Arms Wide Open' video was played to death.

But don't feel bad, I like plenty of '90s rock that is now reviled, like Collective Soul and Tragically Hip.

Finch Platte
02-26-2011, 08:42 AM
...Nippleback...

Now there's an idea- why don't some of these chicks who are getting breast implants get a couple installed on their back? :crazy: