DENON AVR-2802 Setup problems... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : DENON AVR-2802 Setup problems...

Greykiller2004
04-11-2004, 12:09 PM
And boy do there seem to be a lot of them...

Previously, I had this rcver set up to do a couple of things: play records, dvd's with s video, and cd's from my sony changer.

The ONLY optical hookup I had was for the SONY changer. Everything seemed to work ok until I took everything apart to set up my new home theater...

The centerpiece is a beautiful Hitachi ULTRAVISION 51 inch TV, and I got the latest/greatest Pioneer dvd player dv-563A.

First problem: I cannot get the tv to play out of the DENON. I tried hooking the wires to both the monitor out and the stereo out, and tried hooking it in to a half dozen inputs on the rcvr but nothing seems to work.

Second problem: I cannot get the subwoofer to work with the dvd player. I hooked the 5.1 channel output from the PIO up to the external in in the Denon, and I hooked up the digital audio cable. Maybe I have confused the DENON, as it plays the cd changer fine but will not play 5.1 channel sound on the dvd.

I am thinking at this point the problem is twofold: I am either hooking up too many inputs, or I am not navigating menus very well.

Does anyone have experience with a DENON rcvr and the Pioneer, or a DENON and the Hitachi TV?

Any help is greatly appreciated; I have pulled out the last of my hair trying to figure this out...