Hawaii Five-O [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Hawaii Five-O

Smokey
02-18-2011, 11:16 PM
Don't remember too much of TV series when it was originally aired, so buying the DVD (3th season) was kind of shot in the dark. And was pleasantly surprised.

Beside the blood rushing openning theme song and gorgeous outdoor scenes, its a treat watching guest stars that were either big or up and coming stars before they got their big break. They take on Hawaii Five-O chief Steve McGarrett and casting that include native Hawaiian.

I'm not going to say anything about McGarrett's hair :D

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/4210456_f520.jpg

rakeford
02-20-2011, 01:53 PM
The best part about the new Five-O is the banter between McGarrett and "Dano".

Notice that McGarrett said "Book 'em Dano" only in the first few shows.

Smokey
02-21-2011, 05:40 PM
Notice that McGarrett said "Book 'em Dano" only in the first few shows.

I will watch for that :)

The film quality look really good on these episodes as I imagine it was shot on film. Hawaii Five-O did 12 seasons, but as any TV shows earlier seasons are probably better.

Also like the car McGarrett drives around.

rakeford
02-21-2011, 08:17 PM
I will watch for that :)

The film quality look really good on these episodes as I imagine it was shot on film. Hawaii Five-O did 12 seasons, but as any TV shows earlier seasons are probably better.

Also like the car McGarrett drives around.

I was talking about the new Hawaii Five-O airing on TV this season. On this new show, I heard McGarrett say "Book 'em Dano" only in the first few shows.

In the old show, "Book 'em Dano" was at the end of almost every show.

Smokey
02-22-2011, 04:59 PM
As you can tell, I have not seen the new series. And looking at the cast, it doesn't resemble any thing like the old show. I may have to catch an episode to see how they stack up.

3LB
02-25-2011, 02:49 PM
As much as the new show represents how artistically bankrupt TV is now (moreso than ever), I never really cared about the old show. My grandmother loved it...that and Gunsmoke. But I guess I don't see it as a sacred cow or anything. Not like The Rockford Files, where Jim Rockford was a unique character for his time. Not that a show like Rockford Files wouldn't work again, as Steven Bellesarus has recycled the male lead-type a few times (Magnum PI, Quantum Leap, JAG). Hawaii 5-0 did at least have one of the coolest opening music themes/ quick-cut sequences ever.

thekid
02-26-2011, 12:27 PM
Not a big fan of the old show but since I was in Hawaii this week I did see where they film some of the office shots for the new show.

Smokey
02-26-2011, 04:25 PM
Thekid, in Hawaii you suppose to look at coral reefs and mountains, not office buildings :D

But I guess I don't see it as a sacred cow or anything. Not like The Rockford Files, where Jim Rockford was a unique character for his time.

Both shows are good. But to be fair, Five-O did ran 6 more seasons than Rockford Files and was more known internationally.

thekid
02-26-2011, 05:38 PM
Thekid, in Hawaii you suppose to look at coral reefs and mountains, not office buildings :D

Smokes

I was there for work so did not have much time for sightseeing.
Is this a little better????? Still managed to get some office buildings in for ya........ :D

badhabit67
03-12-2011, 04:16 PM
This new version,can't hold a candle to the Original........

Book EM Dano