Lost Highway 10th Anniversary Limited Vinyl [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Lost Highway 10th Anniversary Limited Vinyl

Stone
02-16-2011, 07:27 AM
To celebrate its 10th Anniversary, Lost Highway Records is releasing two limited edition albums on clear vinyl each month during 2011 (at least through October, it looks like). Here is the lineup:

January 25th:
Ryan Adams - GOLD
Soundtrack to O Brother, Where Art Thou?

February 15th:
Hayes Carll - KMAG YOYO (& other American stories)
Drive-By Truckers - Southern Rock Opera

March 1st:
Lucinda Williams - BLESSED **on clear OR white vinyl**
March 15th:
Black Joe Lewis & the Honeybears - Scandalous

April 12th:
Willie Nelson & Ray Price - Run That By Me One More Time
Whiskeytown - Pneumonia **never before on vinyl**

May 10th:
Various Artists Timeless: Hank Williams Tribute **never before on vinyl**
Johnny Cash - American VI: Ain't No Grave

June 14th:
Elvis Costello - The Delivery Man
Lucinda Williams - Essence **never before on vinyl**

July 12th:
Robert Earl Keen - Gravitational Forces **never before on vinyl**
Ryan Bingham - Mescalito

August 9th:
Shelby Lynne - Just a Little Lovin'
Willie Nelson - You Don't Know Me

September 13th:
Hank Williams - 20 of Hank Williams' Greatest Hits
Ryan Adams - Love Is Hell **never before on vinyl**

October 11th:
Lyle Lovett and His Large Band - It's Not Big It's Large **never before on vinyl**
Ryan Adams - Rock N Roll

Prices look decent ($14.65 for Ryan Adams Gold through Amazon, for instance). Anyone already bought or plan on buying any of these?

nobody
02-16-2011, 09:51 AM
This is the first I"m hearing of this. I'd like to grab a copy of that O Brother Soundtrack. Wish with all the Ryan Adams they were doing Heartbreaker. That's still my favorite of his.

Stone
02-16-2011, 10:30 AM
Looks like O Brother is $15.54 on Amazon (which the email I received links to).

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIn/B004FHBO9K?tag=losthighwayre-20&utm_source=ExactTarget&utm_medium=email&utm_content=http%3a%2f%2fwww.amazon.com%2fexec%2fo bidos%2fASIn%2fB004FHBO9K%3ftag%3dlosthighwayre-20&utm_campaign=17224390&utm_umg_et=75135766

bobsticks
02-16-2011, 11:25 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/archive/9/96/20080805222931!Lost_Highway_soundtrack.jpg

Upon reading the title I really thought this was a thread about The Lost Highway soundtrack. I was looking forward to listening to some remastered Rammstein and Trent...

...but Lyle Lovett and Drive-By-Truckers sound good too...

nobody
02-16-2011, 01:35 PM
Damn, I haven't pulled that out in a long time. Sounds kinda good about now, actually.

Slosh
02-16-2011, 01:59 PM
Wish with all the Ryan Adams they were doing Heartbreaker. That's still my favorite of his.I have that on 180 gram vinyl and SACD. Both sound exactly the same to me, except no surface noise on the SACD, of course.

Rae
02-18-2011, 01:20 PM
I think they did this in the past, too. I remember reissues of Old 97s and Alejandro Escovedo albums that had never been on vinyl.

Cosigned on Heartbreaker. Is that in print?

~Rae

jonnyhambone
02-18-2011, 09:46 PM
That's a nice offering...Essence is prob. my favorite Lucinda album and I've been wanting to get DBT's Southern Rock Opera for awhile. do it up dudes...