XLR vs RCI [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : XLR vs RCI

Tourist On Tilt
04-11-2004, 10:21 AM
Has anyone ever noticed any difference after switching to XLR connections in your home system? My dealer is trying to convince me that 1 m. XLR interconnect will make a difference. Common sense is against it, IMO. I know it can have benefits for longer runs, but 1 m.?....

karl k
04-12-2004, 07:27 PM
Only on long runs... 50' or more was what I was told. You may also have to use a converter(unbalanced-balanced at the receiver) to take full advantage of the low noise aspects in those long runs. The only plus I see is a more physically secure means of connecting to components.

FLZapped
04-13-2004, 06:29 AM
Has anyone ever noticed any difference after switching to XLR connections in your home system? My dealer is trying to convince me that 1 m. XLR interconnect will make a difference. Common sense is against it, IMO. I know it can have benefits for longer runs, but 1 m.?....

Next time ask him what his commission is and if he'd be willing to give you a kickback, uhm, I mean rebate..... kickbacks are illegal, of course...... -Bruce
:p

woodman
04-13-2004, 10:38 AM

Your dealer is one of two things ... either:

a. he doesn't actually KNOW anything about that which he sells, or

b. he's an unscrupulous bastard who's willing to take your money under (totally) false pretenses!

My inclination is to vote for the latter, and I'd highly recommend that you find another dealer - one who will treat you with fairness and honesty. Your current one would certainly fail my test on all counts.