Zu-ology lesson [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Zu-ology lesson

Poultrygeist
02-10-2011, 07:05 PM
http://www.6moons.com/industryfeatures/dominance/1.html

Mr Peabody
02-10-2011, 08:36 PM
I would certainly love to hear those. Based on how good my Omen Def sounds the Dominence must be unreal.

frenchmon
02-11-2011, 07:33 AM
I would certainly love to hear those. Based on how good my Omen Def sounds the Dominence must be unreal.

Peabody...I would have never thought I would see the day when you would switch out the Dyn's for another speaker...kinda unbelievable. I cant wait to get over to take a listen...

frenchmon

Hyfi
02-11-2011, 07:51 AM
Nice looking speaks. They look a whole lot like a similar cabinet design as Wilson Grand Utopia.

bobsticks
02-11-2011, 10:47 AM
Srajan just "out-Stereophiled" Stereophile! What a great article Poultry; thanks for sharing that.

I've long considered looking at high sensitivity speakers with tubes as a platform for a simple second system...this throws that stereotype right out the window. This would be the kind of system that I'd love to have some time with from a hobbyist's perspective.

Poultrygeist
02-11-2011, 06:26 PM
I've been trying to tell yall about the magic of wide banders for how many months now? Thank you Zu for making some new converts. Once you go full range there's no going back.

Mr Peabody
02-11-2011, 09:19 PM
Yeah, Frenchie it was looking like the champs were hard to beat. The Zu have provided all i was looking for and more.

I'd like to have those Domenence in a large enough room with Krell monoblocks on the 15"'s and something like CJ's LP140 monoblocks on the other section. As efficient as the speakers are supposed to be that set up would quake the foundation.