Closed before I had a chance to respond to (O0o*o0O) [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Closed before I had a chance to respond to (O0o*o0O)

Hyfi
02-09-2011, 11:09 AM
(O0o*o0O) It is interesting how you described the B&W speakers. Did you ever once consider that they actually would sound a whole lot better if they were driven with some real gear? Although I chose Dynaudio speakers over comparable B&Ws, they both sound very good when paired with the proper components. Not too many good speakers, like Danes that thrive on good clean current, will ever sound good with a mass market Sony pc of junk driving them. The Adcom amp you spat on also probably sounds better than your Sony.

And yes, great observation that Integra is a spinoff company of Onkyo which still makes better gear than Sony, accept for TVs. Originally, they were not separate, just a higher end line like Sony ES was to Sony. I still have an Onkyo-Integra tape deck from before they were separated.

Some of the old CV speakers from the 70s were awesome speakers for rock too.

hifitommy
02-09-2011, 11:18 AM
believe me, he was informed and reinformed by us and then went out in flames. you didnt miss anything by not being able to participate.

pixelthis
02-09-2011, 11:53 AM
(O0o*o0O) It is interesting how you described the B&W speakers. Did you ever once consider that they actually would sound a whole lot better if they were driven with some real gear? Although I chose Dynaudio speakers over comparable B&Ws, they both sound very good when paired with the proper components. Not too many good speakers, like Danes that thrive on good clean current, will ever sound good with a mass market Sony pc of junk driving them. The Adcom amp you spat on also probably sounds better than your Sony.

And yes, great observation that Integra is a spinoff company of Onkyo which still makes better gear than Sony, accept for TVs. Originally, they were not separate, just a higher end line like Sony ES was to Sony. I still have an Onkyo-Integra tape deck from before they were separated.

Some of the old CV speakers from the 70s were awesome speakers for rock too.

You talking to me?
If so, you need to understand, MY B&W SPEAKERS are driven by a quite capable
125 wpc amp with a toroidal transformer the size of a GERMAN SHEPARD'S HEAD. Its not "cheap" because its poorly
built, its cheap because its built in China.
BEFORE, a 1200 dollar Integra that is probably eons ahead of anything that ever got close to your trailer "drove" them for four years.
AS FOR INTEGRA "splitting off", they are and always have been an annex of ONKYO,
and have a lot of Onkyo features. Some lower priced models are ONKYO CLONES.
Don't understand badge engineering? No surprize.
I have been using the brand for almost six years, know something about it.MORE than you,surely. It was actually created by Onkyo for the pro install crowd.
As for comparing Dynaudio speakers to inexpensive eight year old B&W KIT, what have you been smoking? Although the higher lines (NAUTILUS) blows their doors off quite readily.
Not talking to me?
THEN...nevermind...:1:

Hyfi
02-09-2011, 12:03 PM
You talking to me?
If so, you need to understand, MY B&W SPEAKERS are driven by a quite capable
125 wpc amp with a toroidal transformer the size of a GERMAN SHEPARD'S HEAD. Its not "cheap" because its poorly
built, its cheap because its built in China.
BEFORE, a 1200 dollar Integra that is probably eons ahead of anything that ever got close to your trailer "drove" them for four years.
AS FOR INTEGRA "splitting off", they are and always have been an annex of ONKYO,
and have a lot of Onkyo features. Some lower priced models are ONKYO CLONES.
Don't understand badge engineering? No surprize.
I have been using the brand for almost six years, know something about it.MORE than you,surely. It was actually created by Onkyo for the pro install crowd.
As for comparing Dynaudio speakers to inexpensive eight year old B&W KIT, what have you been smoking? Although the higher lines (NAUTILUS) blows their doors off quite readily.
Not talking to me?
THEN...nevermind...:1:

I wasn't talking to you as you can see by the way I started the thread, unless you have a second user account.

You are also a bit off on the Onkyo-Integra issue and my tape deck is several years older than the 6 few years of experience you have.

My point was, to 0000 whatever he was called is that you cannot trash a pair of nice B&W speakers if you only listened to them driven with mass market sony crap.

I'm not sure why you thought I was talking to you or why you twisted my statements around about the B&Ws.

I have heard most of the big Nautilus speakers but have also had the rare opportunity to hear the Dynaudio Arbitor speakers and electronics.

Chill out buddy!

hifitommy
02-09-2011, 12:05 PM
pixi, the knee jerk reactions do not make you look intelligent. nor the insulting stance. youve got alot to offer, take your time and be civil.

pixelthis
02-09-2011, 12:17 PM
I wasn't talking to you as you can see by the way I started the thread, unless you have a second user account.

You are also a bit off on the Onkyo-Integra issue and my tape deck is several years older than the 6 few years of experience you have.

My point was, to 0000 whatever he was called is that you cannot trash a pair of nice B&W speakers if you only listened to them driven with mass market sony crap.

I'm not sure why you thought I was talking to you or why you twisted my statements around about the B&Ws.

I have heard most of the big Nautilus speakers but have also had the rare opportunity to hear the Dynaudio Arbitor speakers and electronics.

Chill out buddy!

I be chillin. Thats why I SAID "NEVERMIND".
But you raise some interesting points about Integra.
I KNOW it was around before six years ago. BUT all of the literature I have ever
read states that its a spinoff from onkyo.
I was torn about buying my first one, as it was almost identical to the Onkyo receiver
it was sister to. A three year warranty and cool multicolor plugs sealed the deal.
But everything I have read, even their web site, claims it was created by Onkyo.
Whatever.:1:

hifitommy
02-09-2011, 12:19 PM
yeah, integra IS an upcale onkyo and always has been. kinda like acura and honda. the japanese are good at that.

pixelthis
02-09-2011, 12:21 PM
pixi, the knee jerk reactions do not make you look intelligent. nor the insulting stance. youve got alot to offer, take your time and be civil.

I thought I WAS BEING RATHER POLITE.
HI-FI really ought to adress who hes talking to, for those sleep deprived among us
I get prickly about my stuff. And I said "nevermind".
sheesh.:1:

atomicAdam
02-09-2011, 01:11 PM
seriously you all - knock off the negative trash talk or i'm going to be handing out temp bans tonight while enjoy my wine.

like i've said to others - disagreements are fine - but be civil about it.

pixelthis
02-09-2011, 01:18 PM
seriously you all - knock off the negative trash talk or i'm going to be handing out temp bans tonight while enjoy my wine.

like i've said to others - disagreements are fine - but be civil about it.

NOBODIES mad here, at least I certainly hope not. I am rather enjoying this back and forth,
the disturbing avatar of the prince of darkness notwithstanding.:1:

ForeverAutumn
02-09-2011, 04:30 PM
I haven't been following 00000's antics but he seems to have a few people here up in arms. It seemed pretty obvious to me right from the start that he was here to troll. In fact I've had my suspicions that he's an existing member just ****ing with you all.

Why are you all so surprised?

Ajani
02-09-2011, 05:53 PM
I haven't been following 00000's antics but he seems to have a few people here up in arms. It seemed pretty obvious to me right from the start that he was here to troll. In fact I've had my suspicions that he's an existing member just ****ing with you all.

Seconded... His posts seem carefully crafted in a way that will irritate most audiophiles... And with such a clear disdain for audiophiles, why join a site like this if his intention is not to troll?

Hyfi
02-09-2011, 07:07 PM
I be chillin. Thats why I SAID "NEVERMIND".
But you raise some interesting points about Integra.
I KNOW it was around before six years ago. BUT all of the literature I have ever
read states that its a spinoff from onkyo.
I was torn about buying my first one, as it was almost identical to the Onkyo receiver
it was sister to. A three year warranty and cool multicolor plugs sealed the deal.
But everything I have read, even their web site, claims it was created by Onkyo.
Whatever.:1:

HI-FI really ought to adress who hes talking to, for those sleep deprived among us

No sweat Adam, it's Groundhog day for Pix. He had a flashback to a few months ago where I did diss his amp. It may have helped if he read the title of the thread first, unless he is the suspect.

OK Pixie, so I just pulled out my manual for the Onkyo TA-207 Integra Stereo Cassette Deck.

The manual is labeled Onkyo TA-207 Stereo Cassette Tape Deck and at no time is the word Integra printed in it. There is only a picture of the front to point out front panel items with the word Integra on it. This baby is from 1993 and still records and sounds great with the right tape.

Pix, keep in mind that my first audio system was an Onkyo Receiver, Tape Deck, and Infinity bookshelf speakers. That was in 1978 with my very first income tax check. So don't even think your gonna school me on Onkyo gear.

http://www.dpaudio.nl/attachments/Image/Cassettedecks/Onkyo_TA-207-1.jpg

(O0o*o0O)
02-10-2011, 08:38 AM
I'm for real and not trying to push any buttons. I also didn't spit on that Adcom amp. I cleaned it up, tested it all out, and will look to sell it. I tested it out on my AT-15's and some Triad in-walls I have.

As far as the B&W's I wish I could have kept them, but I just needed the money. The only reason I wanted to keep those particular speakers was because of the shattered tweeter. I come across parts all the time. It came down to the fact that I had to many speakers lined up for my computer project.

My computer project was going to be a modern preamp with tube amps and vintage speakers making a 2-channel set-up. For now since I've ran across a Parasound amp and a whole series of Snell speakers it might be different. And another build for under a thousand dollars.:prrr:

pixelthis
02-10-2011, 02:07 PM
No sweat Adam, it's Groundhog day for Pix. He had a flashback to a few months ago where I did diss his amp. It may have helped if he read the title of the thread first, unless he is the suspect.

OK Pixie, so I just pulled out my manual for the Onkyo TA-207 Integra Stereo Cassette Deck.

The manual is labeled Onkyo TA-207 Stereo Cassette Tape Deck and at no time is the word Integra printed in it. There is only a picture of the front to point out front panel items with the word Integra on it. This baby is from 1993 and still records and sounds great with the right tape.

[QUOTE]Pix, keep in mind that my first audio system was an Onkyo Receiver, Tape Deck, and Infinity bookshelf speakers. That was in 1978 with my very first income tax check. So don't even think your gonna school me on Onkyo gear.

Not trying to.
YOUR "integra" deck is obviously a first toe in the water for Onkyo as far as starting a "prestige" house brand goes. Doubt if they did much more than paint "Integra" next to Onkyo.
IN FACT your pic confirms what I was saying, mainly that Integra was created by
Onkyo.
ALL I am saying:1:

Hyfi
02-10-2011, 02:18 PM
IN FACT your pic confirms what I was saying, mainly that Integra was created by
Onkyo.
ALL I am saying:1:

Wait, your back pedaling now. The argument all along was that Integra was totally separate from Onkyo. I have maintained that Integra started out as a Higher End Line of Onkyo and was split off at a later time. What year I don't know.

I still have tapes from that deck of Albums I replaced with CDs, and the tapes sound better in many ways.

pixelthis
02-10-2011, 02:23 PM

Well, looking at his junk I mean "system" a case can be made for that.
SONY AND cerwin vega. NEVER THOUGHT I would prefer Bose over anything.
THE FEMALE equivalent would be the crank addict that hangs out behind the bowling alley.
And I DON'T WANT TO HEAR that I AM "DISSIN" someones gear, if you want to call it that.
Hes the one that posted it in the signature.
Like they say in Arkansas, getting married to your cousin is bad enough, do you have to fight with her in the front yard? I HAD a god-awful bunch or garbage when I first found this
site, didn't post it in my sig.
So you have to start "somewhere"? THROW this stuff out and get a clock radio. Couldn't
be worse. Really. They had better stuff at the thrift store last time I was there.:1:

hifitommy
02-10-2011, 03:23 PM
this thread was closed for a reason. why stir it and make it into more poop soup?

(O0o*o0O)
02-10-2011, 09:06 PM
Ya! I closed it - biting my lip. :yikes:

Mr Peabody
02-10-2011, 09:10 PM
Limited experience with Snell but the model I heard was very good.

(O0o*o0O)
02-10-2011, 09:23 PM
Snell is alright. Other then the ones I have I had some Cii's which were very nice.

pixelthis
02-11-2011, 01:19 PM
Wait, your back pedaling now. The argument all along was that Integra was totally separate from Onkyo. I have maintained that Integra started out as a Higher End Line of Onkyo and was split off at a later time. What year I don't know.

I still have tapes from that deck of Albums I replaced with CDs, and the tapes sound better in many ways.

We are on the same page. I don't know who it was that said that INTEGRA was a
separate company, but I have been laboring to correct the story.
I bought the first one from a dealer who was also a friend. THE SALES REP explained
the whole thing. The brand is for slightly "higher" end, and also is more geared toward
the needs of AV installers.:1: