Best way to get TV and sound to my HOT TUB!! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Best way to get TV and sound to my HOT TUB!!

pfifla1
02-09-2011, 08:13 AM
my living room opens up to my patio where my hot tub and soon to be 50" samsung LED TV are.

RIght now nothing sophisticated but we are looking at upgrading the stereo system in the living room to Energy speakers and a denon AVR-3311CI which is a multi input dual zone / dual output reciever. i am going to put 2 x of the kilpsh outdoor speakers outside as well...

i guess my question is this the right way to do this? i was hoping to utilize my existing HD cable box - ROKU and Playstation 3 so i can watch or listen to both outside and inside. or if someone wants to watch a movie on the ROKU inside i can still watch football in the hot tub via the receiver?

Thoughts? suggestions?

bobsticks
02-09-2011, 10:11 AM
Hey hey piffle,

First and foremost, welcone to the forums!

You should easily be able to accomplish your sound goals utilizing the A/B zone outputs on the back of your receiver. This is the point at which the dreaded manual will be helpful but it's usually a rudimentary setup.

As far as video switching, I am unfamiliar with your receiver model so I'm not sure if it is capable of doing what you want. You may have to work from the source. Both Dish network and ATT U-Verse have a variety of configuration options available and external video switching units have beeen in existence for some time.

Good luck, it doesn't get much better than a few tunes and some sports in the hot tub, especially if there are some beverages involved.

Hopefully, as the day wears on some more knowledgeable individuals will chip in with specifics and experience. In any case, enjoy!

--sticks

swan24
02-09-2011, 03:30 PM
Ever thought of using hydrophones?... Some navy suplus underwater transducers might work well for you...

[see:] http://www.submarineboat.com/images/submarine/Hydrophone_c-1.JPG

Plus, just imagine the side benefits at higher power levels... Better than a jacuzzi... (m.)

swan24
02-09-2011, 03:37 PM
Just when I thought I was jesting: http://www.lubell.com/

Jheesh... Now it's going to be underwater stereo systems... Underwater A/V systems... Underwater TV snacks... (m.)