PDA

View Full Version : CD Restoration and Cleaning Kit from Monoprice

Poultrygeist
02-09-2011, 03:48 AM
Check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/Monopricecom#p/u/32/4jDwvzACeBY

hifitommy
02-09-2011, 11:28 AM
dont you just LOVE monoprice? i may just have to get one of those.

Hyfi
02-09-2011, 11:32 AM
Wow, don't let Pixie see this. He will tell you it's no different than a Lense Cleaner and not needed.

On a serious note tho, wouldn't it be much easier and economical to just take proper care of your disks?

It does look like a cool item and would be cooler if they included the little lathe trimmer to make the disc truly round in relation to the center hole with it.

hifitommy
02-09-2011, 11:48 AM
if only all discs had been pristinely cared for. much of what i buy is used and i also use CDs in the car.

also, if it was a lathe it would be MUCH more costly. now lets see if they come up with a truly affordable vinyl cleaner.

pixelthis
02-09-2011, 12:47 PM
Wow, don't let Pixie see this. He will tell you it's no different than a Lense Cleaner and not needed.

On a serious note tho, wouldn't it be much easier and economical to just take proper care of your disks?

It does look like a cool item and would be cooler if they included the little lathe trimmer to make the disc truly round in relation to the center hole with it.

UP AGAINST THE WALL!.

There is a huge difference in a CD exposed to the outer universe and a lens that is enclosed in a player, that never touches anything, and BTW, has energized photons
shooting out of it .
And yeah, taking care of your CD's is a good idea ...in theory.
Digging in a stack in the passenger seat while flying down the interstate with friends having
relations in the back seat, with smoke so thick you don't quite know... headlights or
backup lights? Something else entirely.
And you were invited to abuse these little buggers. DURING MY FIRST demo of
a CD player (850$, 2700 in todays dollars) the salesman took a CD and stomped
on it! I checked it and it looked like a cat had been playing with it, as he had been doing this all day. Idiot.
And again, I READ A COMPARISON of "LENS" cleaners in some magazine years ago.
It was an APRIL FOOLS JOKE, the point being that if you buy one of these, your momma is your daddy's neice.:1:

hifitommy
02-09-2011, 12:52 PM
been drinking the absinthe again pixi?

pixelthis
02-09-2011, 01:05 PM
been drinking the absinthe again pixi?
my pancreas is already on strike, don't want to give my liver an excuse to goof off.:1: