Weathers 3 Channel Stereo system [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Weathers 3 Channel Stereo system

gprant
02-08-2011, 08:57 PM
Hello everyone- my name is Gary and this is my first post. I found my way to this site looking for information on the Weathers 3 channel system. Many years ago when I was growing up in Southern NJ I took an amplifier to Weathers Service Center in Mount Laurel. They diagnosed the problem for $5. Since I was a poor college student, I couldn't afford to have them do the repair so I did the repair myself and the amp worked well for years after that.

I remembered two things from from that experience. The first was that Mr. Weathers was an extremely nice gentleman who took the time to talk with a college student. The second thing I remember was the absolutely amazing sound of his three channel system! He explained how he had optimized the amplifiers for bass and higher frequencies in addition to just using a non-directional bass speaker. His receiver was extremely sensitive and he had excellent reception of stations from NY (probably had a good external antenna). The sound from his receiver was absolutely startling! When someone was speaking it sounded like they were in the room not on the radio. I remember the receiver and the three speakers at the time (early 1970s) cost $400. I have never seen these units for sale since. I was so impressed at the time that I saved a small brochure about the system. Finding this brochure the other prompted this post.

Foes anyone have any more information on this company? What became of them? Wonder if there would be a way to get one of these old systems...

If I can figure it out I will post a scanned copy of the brochure.

gprant
02-08-2011, 09:30 PM
Here is an attempt to post the brochure I spoke of...