Direct TV HD DVR Hood up [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Direct TV HD DVR Hood up

jjp735i
02-08-2011, 07:28 AM
Within the next 10 days i will be getting Panisonic or Samsung 50" plazma. The problem is most the new HD TV's in my price range don't have rca audio out to feed my Yamaha RX-V480 receiver. No money to upgrade receiver and I'm happy with it now anyways.

My question is does anyone know if the HDMI out and RCA audio out with work at the same time. This way I can HDMI out to tv and RCA audio out to receiver.

Direct TV techincal line was no help at all.

Thanks, jjp

armyman884
02-08-2011, 10:57 AM
well all the out channels on your tv and directv resever are live what i would say to do is to have you HDMI from your reseaver go to you tv and have the sound from your directv resever to your yamaha but y get a new updated tv with out a new resever for one if you upgrade you resever you can run your HDMI in to your resever and upscale you standered def. programs in to hd and you will have digtial sound

kelsci
02-08-2011, 11:46 AM
I have my direct tv receiver both hooked up with the hdmi output to my tv and the audio analog output to a headphone amp and as such they do work at the same time.

Woochifer
02-08-2011, 01:09 PM
I have the HR22 HD DVR, and yes the analog audio outputs work simultaneously with the digital output. IIRC, the setup does not allow you to disable either of the audio outputs -- only the check option to enable 5.1 Dolby Digital output (default is two-channel PCM). With so many people still using analog audio connections, I don't see any reason to discontinue analog audio outputs, although some devices do make you choose between the analog and digital output.

Where you see analog support rapidly eroding is on the video side. More of the newer HDTVs have begun phasing out analog video connections. TV manufacturers began dropping S-video connectors a couple of years ago, and now you see composite and component video inputs also disappearing from newer models.

And beginning this year, new Blu-ray player models will no longer include analog component video outputs, with a total phaseout scheduled for 2013. Anything introduced before January 1 can still include the component video outputs. You can expect set-top boxes to soon follow suit.