Please allow me to introduce myself. [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Please allow me to introduce myself.

CCSWebWeaver
02-07-2011, 07:30 PM
My name is Robert. I have visited these forums many times, and have read many reviews on AudioReview.com.

This site has been very informative for me. Thanks in part to reiews on this site, I recently purchased a used pair of Klipsch RF7s to serve as my mains for stereo and to serve double duty as my fronts in conjunction with a pair of RF25s and Heresy-IIs.. I must say that the reviews were spot on, and the RF7s are awesome!

Believe it or not, I am driving all these Klipsch speakers (sometimes simultaneously even) with a Pioneer VSX-1015TX. The hefty Pioneer doesn't complain at all, although the neighbors do complain sometimes ;).

An RC52-II is on its way act as my center, replacing my aging Cerwin Vega HT-CTR25. Next on my shopping list is a Klipsch Reference Sub 10 or 12, to replace my Sony 10" sub.

I will continue to learn from and appreciate everyone else's experiences, and hope I can contribute some myself.

Best regards and Namaste.
Robert aka CCSWebWeaver

Mr Peabody
02-07-2011, 09:07 PM
Welcome to AR. The right model of Klipsch can be fun.

CCSWebWeaver
02-15-2011, 09:21 PM
Got the Klipsch RC-52 II Center and Klipsch RW10D 260-watt powered sub.

The Hefty Pioneer VSX-1015TX seems quite content to push everything I have - it hasn't complained yet!

It is amazing how much umph that 10" sub will throw - it is simply in a complete seperate league compared to the Sony 10" it replaced. Awesome!

I wish I knew someone close (65807) who would come visit with a kick-butt amp to test some of my speakers, so I can compare the Pioneer to some "real" watts. There's always a cold one in the fridge! LOL

Mr Peabody
02-15-2011, 09:31 PM
Where's 65807? Stick an Adcom amp on those Heresy's.

thekid
02-16-2011, 03:02 AM
Welcome to AR CCS.

I am a big fan of that line of Pioneer HT receivers and I own a pair of Heresy II's as well.
Keep in mind that SQ is not dependent on "wattage". Those Heresy's are very efficient as I am sure the other Klipsch speakers as well so the Pioneer would have no problem with driving them. I have just come to realize that some amp or receiver combos just sound better together. Some speakers that I own sound better on a older 25 wpc Sansui than they do on more powerful Pioneer, Sony or Kenwood amps or receivers.

For an expense option try looking at your local Craigslist or Thrift stores. You might be surprised what you fid there. My main 2-channel system (including my Heresy II's) except my DAC was built entirely from CL or thrifts.

CCSWebWeaver
02-16-2011, 07:15 AM
65807 is Springfield MO. I am on the outskirts of the SW side of the city.

Klipsch speakers sensitivity is high, this allows the Pioneer to be able to drive them.
the RF7s are 102 db
the RF25's and Heresy IIs are 97 db
the RC-52 II is 96 db
The 7.1 Pioneer VSX-1015tx is THX certified and rated at 120 wpc into all 7 channels simultaneously at 8 ohms.

Most of these speakers are rated at 100-125 continuous, up to 400 or so max peak; the RF7s are rated at 250 / 1000 - this leads me to believe that they could benefit from considerably more power than what I am currently feeding them.

Thanks for the suggestions - I have been watching CL for bargains; that is where I found the used RF-7s. Everything else on the list was purchased as new.

I have heard good things about Adcom amps. But I am gun-shy of spending hundreds of dollars and then maybe not achieving a noticeable difference.

One thing I am learning fast is that everyone has a favorite piece of hardware for just about any occasion.

Does the quest for the holy grail of audio nirvana ever cease?

poppachubby
02-16-2011, 01:31 PM
Welcome to the site!!

CCSWebWeaver
03-14-2011, 07:53 PM
Got the RB-1582, have run it @ 20 hours so far. At first it was a little thin, but as it has clocked some hours the amp has warmed up considerably.

Watched Prince Of Persia over the weekend, had the HT cranking, led by the RF7s being pushed by the Rotel RB-1582. The volume and clarity was excellent. The amp is rated at 200 WPC into 8 OHMS both channels driven; the RF7s can take everything this amp can dish out, and they sound absolutely wonderful doing it. Neither the speakers nor the amp broke a sweat all the while engulfing my home with better-than-theater-quality sound.

It was near the end of the movie before I realized I hadn't even turned on the sub - I had turned it off the night before for some stereo playback through the RF7s, and simply forgot to power it back on again...

Oh yeah - I also upgraded all my interconnects to Monster THX-Certified cables. There is a very noticeable improvement in richness, fullness, upper bass and especially midrange response. I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't heard it for myself.

When playing music in two-channel stereo, it is now quite easy to sit in front of my system, close my eyes, and find myself suddenly propelled center stage to the concert of my choice. Singers are standing in the room singing directly to me; instruments are simply sitting right where they should be; guitarists can be followed from one side of the room to the next as they strut there stuff onstage. Clarity and presence are supreme.

One step closer... and grinning as the adventurecontinues.

Comments welcome :)

NaMaste

CCSWebWeaver
03-14-2011, 07:55 PM
Got the RB-1582, have run it @ 20 hours so far. At first it was a little thin, but as it has clocked some hours the amp has warmed up considerably.

Watched Prince Of Persia over the weekend, had the HT cranking, led by the RF7s being pushed by the Rotel RB-1582. The volume and clarity was excellent. The amp is rated at 200 WPC into 8 OHMS both channels driven; the RF7s can take everything this amp can dish out, and they sound absolutely wonderful doing it. Neither the speakers nor the amp broke a sweat all the while engulfing my home with better-than-theater-quality sound.

It was near the end of the movie before I realized I hadn't even turned on the sub - I had turned it off the night before for some stereo playback through the RF7s, and simply forgot to power it back on again...

Oh yeah - I also upgraded all my interconnects to Monster THX-Certified cables. There is a very noticeable improvement in richness, fullness, upper bass and especially midrange response. I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't heard it for myself.

When playing music in two-channel stereo, it is now quite easy to sit in front of my system, close my eyes, and find myself suddenly propelled center stage to the concert of my choice. Singers are standing in the room singing directly to me; instruments are simply sitting right where they should be; guitarists can be followed from one side of the room to the next as they strut there stuff onstage. Clarity and presence are supreme.

One step closer... and grinning as the adventurecontinues.

Comments welcome :) :3: :4: :16:

NaMaste

TheHills44060
03-14-2011, 08:18 PM
Really like the amp CSS. I used to have the RB-991, another one of their 200 watt units and liked it as well.

Mr Peabody
03-14-2011, 08:40 PM
200 watts into RF7's.... I bet you, are, hitting some SPL's. :) Enjoy!