where to buy Klipsch [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : where to buy Klipsch

jeff
04-11-2004, 09:17 AM
Hello All,
Can anyone direct me where on the net I can buy Klipsch? Im specifically looking to get the "Cinema 8" system for my home theater. I cannot find anyone online selling any of the Cinema systems, nor any local retailers.

Thanks,
Jeffrey
Jeffrey586@Yahoo.com

wje
04-11-2004, 04:35 PM
Jeff,

Good luck finding an on-line vendor who carries the Cinema line. I was looking at the reference line and there are vendors who do carry the speakers. However, most will not come with a warranty - because Klipsch doesn't recognize the vendors as being authorized.

You might want to call Klipsch to get their input on vendors who carry the Cinema series.

nightflier
04-12-2004, 12:17 PM
Klipsch does not allow their products to be sold online. The only exception that I know of is when a store has a brick-and-morter location as well as an online store, but then the online price is much higher. I have contacted Klipsch on this and they believe that the potential customer should hear their speakers in person. Unfortunately this also makes you pay a substantial markup for the speakers. Because of Klipsch's narrow minded policies, I've written them off my list. There are much better values out there.

nightflier
05-14-2004, 11:56 AM
...Because of Klipsch's narrow minded policies, I've written them off my list. There are much better values out there.

Well, I have to eat my own words. I found a pair of Klipsch RB5's on eBay and they are fantastic. I needed a pair of solid speakers for my garage that I could still hear over my power tools, and found these by chance. And I think they are probably going to the living room instead of the garage

So I got my Klipsch's online and w/o paying a 40% markup. I'm sure the warrantee doesn't apply, but at least its' another option for you. FYI: I've seen $3000 bookshelf speakers going for $800 on eBay. Just make sure you find out a bit about the person selling the speakers by shooting a few emails back & forth.

swampcat
05-14-2004, 12:17 PM
Hello All,
Can anyone direct me where on the net I can buy Klipsch? Im specifically looking to get the "Cinema 8" system for my home theater. I cannot find anyone online selling any of the Cinema systems, nor any local retailers.

Thanks,
Jeffrey
Jeffrey586@Yahoo.com

Go to klipsch.com they have a dealer finder. Put in zip code and go. You also put in the speaker your looking for . (different dealers have different lines)